Purchasing Administrator (Maternity Cover 9-12 months)
Customer services and support
Program / Customer Relations
Program / Customer Relations
Gloucestershire, England, UK
Temporary, Full-time, 6 - 9 Months
This presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate and would would suit a recent graduate who's looking to progress their career with a global company, or professionals who are seeking a move into a fast paced, customer focused environment.
The core function of the role is to administer and coordinate the procurement of spares and internal sub-contract offload activity to support the Airbus Landing Gear overhaul programme.
You'll receive training on our product and processes and will become a key member of the Purchasing department, liaising with a both internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- • Review Demand Plan on a monthly basis and ensure any changes are reflected in the Rotable Plan and Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- • Provide information and regular updates to internal stakeholders (Finance, Customer Services and Production) on rotables, spares shortages and status reports.
- • Ensure all landing gear sub-contract offload is identified in-line with Safran Landing Systems Services strategy and act as the focal point for co-ordinating and administering all offload activity.
- • Set-up internal repair make orders and maintain raw materials stock.
- • Prepare and issue purchase orders to key suppliers in accordance with set schedule and rules. • Prepare month-end KPI reports and monitor supplier performance (OTIF).
What you'll need:
To be successful you'll need to be an effective communicator and comfortable speaking with people at various levels of the business & supply chain. Excellent organisational skills are a must as you will be managing a range of tasks at any one time. Ideally you'll be a recent graduate or professional who's keen to progress your career with a global company!
What you'll get in return:
This presents an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to work within a global business, working in a fast-paced and unique environment with an interesting product. You'll receive training on our products and processes and wil have access to a wide range of benefits offered by Safran including:
- - £Competitive salary
- - Company matched pension contribution (up to 8%)
- - Training
- - Access to a range of health benefits
- - Cycle to work etc.
- - & lots more!
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Spares Supply PlannerPublished on 07/25/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Customer services and support
Repairs Customer Service RepresentativePublished on 09/05/2019Braintree, United Kingdom Regular Full time Customer services and support
Engineering Part M & CFM Services - Local Contract H/FPublished on 10/23/2017Melun Cedex, United Kingdom Fixed Term contract Customer services and support