Industrial Engineering and Projects Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Gloucester, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering a challenging, but exciting opportunity to join our Industrial Engineering team. This department is central within the production organisation to ensure we implement systems, processes and equipment that produce quality products with the most efficient methods.
You will work alongside Production Engineering Managers, Manufacturing Engineering Team Leaders, and report to the head of the department. You will be responsible for a team combining a potential mix of Industrial Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Project Leaders and Project Engineers with a portfolio of various size industrial projects.
- - Proven track record of delivering projects to schedule, cost and specification
- - Will have used Project Management tools in the delivery of projects
- - Good understanding of risk management
- - Managing project plans with tasks and deliverables being performed by internal and external stakeholders
- - Developing and maintaining KPI's to allow easy communication of project progress
- - Presenting to a wide range of audiences both internal and external to the business
- - Managing teams of direct reports
- - Minimum of 5 years experience in a production organisation. Preferably with a combination of Assembly, Machining and Surface treatments
- - Beneficial to have experience in setting up Project methodologies within an organisation
You will need a comprehensive knowledge of Production on top of:
- • Ideally Prince 2 / PMP qualified or equivalent
- • Degree educated or equivalent. Engineering or similar preferable
- • Work effectively with cross-functional teams and within your own team
- • Good communication techniques, able to deliver content to all levels of the business from shop floor to company Vice Presidents
- • Positive attitude towards development and learning new skills
- • Be innovative, creative and work with minimal direction
- • Active Listener
- • Lean experience (Green Belt / Black belt preferable)
- • Have strong organisational, problem solving and communication skills
- • Knowledge of current and future industrial technologies and their capabilities
Specificity of the job
There may be some travel as part of the role.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Production Technical Support EngineerPublished on 05/07/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Senior Manufacturing Methods Engineer - WindingPublished on 04/29/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
NPI Operations LeadPublished on 04/29/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Industrial Engineering