Manufacture / assembly and repair
Regular Full time, Full-time
Your main responsibilities will be:
- - To carry out different machining operations on NC and conventional machines according to drawings, procedures and specifications.
- - Potential to train and work in the Sub Assembly area of production and continuously improve and optimise work processes.
- • Knowledge of conventional machining principles and numerical controls fundamentals as well as the ability to read drawings and layouts is an essential requirement of this role.
- • Understand and Primary Operate Siemens 840D Control systems
- • Mill turning techniques
- • Set and Run various conventional CNC Machines
- • Be able to set own tools
- • Understanding of the 5S techniques
- • A relevant engineering qualification or apprenticeship is essential for this role.
- • Good communication skills
- • Team working
- • Basic computer skills
- • Problem solving
- • Flexibility
- • Self managing & reliant
Shift working is also a requirement of this role.
- ‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Plater X2Published on 02/27/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
MachinistPublished on 02/27/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Traceability CoordinatorPublished on 02/27/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair