Head of continuous improvement
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Regular Full time, Full-time
We are pleased to be recruiting for a Head of Continuous Improvement. In an increasingly competitive market our commitment to continuous improvement within all areas of our landing gear business is key to our success. Our remit reaches all functions within Safran Landing Systems, and our Continuous Improvement team is empowered to be the improvement conscience for the Gloucester site.
Our chosen candidate will lead and drive Continuous Improvement and organisational change across the site, understanding and communicating the strategic vision at all levels in order to successfully achieve business objectives. As part of a wider global team your approach will be engaging, inspiring an innovative and agile approach across our workforce.
- • Leads and drives Continuous Improvement across the Gloucester site, understanding and communicating the strategic vision at various organisational levels in order to successfully
- • Leads and manages organisational change and utilises strategic planning and change
- • Engages and influences the CI and Site Senior Leadership Team to identify key projects and
tracking and reporting on key milestones.
- • Identifies opportunities for improvements, develops project plans for implementing and identifies
- • Coaches and mentors the CI team and wider organisation on the use of Lean Six Sigma and
- • Identifies, coaches and supports Green and Black belts, including building up the Green & Black
Improvement at all levels within the business.
- • Coach, support and influence the Site Senior Leadership Team on QRQC (Quick Response Quality
- • Shape improvement strategies including workshops, Kaizen events, BRPs (business recovery
- • Establish, standardise and update the referential of CI processes, best practices, methods, tools
- • Trigger operational corrective, improvement, development, risk management processes.
- • Set up effective process management and process maturity plans.
- • Ensure that an appropriate communication strategy is in place and give regular feedback on
- • Set up cross functional team frameworks, ways of working, rules reports and build up an
- • Coordinate and enable SAFRAN+ results (global business improvement projects) as they apply
Knowledge & Experience
- • Prior experience leading implementation / organisational transformation through a line role,
- • Ideally, experienced in complex engineering and manufacturing environment, including within relevant business
- • Proven track record of leading and developing multi-function high performing teams at a Senior
- • Experience in managing large, complex projects successfully.
- • Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt essential
- • University Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- • Programme / Project Management qualification, Prince, MSP, APM preferred
- • Leadership Qualifications desirable
- • Strong Coaching and Leadership Skills mandatory
- • Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- • Deep knowledge of Lean tools, philosophy and six sigma
- • Continuous improvement processes
- • Project management
- • Change Management
- • Experience in Management of team
- • Encourages creativity, innovation & improvement
- • Demonstrates strong situational judgement skills
- • Makes excellent, timely and often complex decisions that keep the business moving forward
- • Ability to influence and engage key stakeholders in the business
- • Excellent knowledge of where value flows through the business
- • Strong partnering and cross functional collaboration
- • Has the ability to build strong working relationships / networks
- • Highly adaptable and resilient against setbacks when facing challenging situations
- • Highly effective communicator and deep listener
- ‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Occasional global travel as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Black Belt Supply Chain H/FPublished on 01/18/2020Plaisir, France Regular Full time Continuous improvement
Responsable Projet Etude H/FPublished on 01/18/2020Issoudun, France Regular Full time Continuous improvement
Pilote performance et transformation aéronautique H/FPublished on 01/16/2020Chatellerault Cedex, France Regular Full time Continuous improvement