Manufacture / assembly and repair
Gloucestershire, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Looking for a new career? We are offering an exciting, yet challenging position to join our team as a Flow Leader, Reporting to the Technical Support Manager. We are looking for someone that is an ideas person to take a team and make it their own and define your own processes. You will be in charge of the flow of work through test and investigation so we are looking for someone who is hands on with a proactive approach.
To be successful in the role, you consider yourself to be a clear and effective communicator and demonstrate excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills. You are used to working in a challenging environment are not phased by a busy workload. You have the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise accordingly and consider yourself to be both a problem solver and an ideas person!
In summary the role will include;
- • Lead and manage a team of technicians carrying out the inspection, assembly & test of landing gear components.
- • Deliver the Test and Investigation team production programme to achieve the monthly sales plan.
- • Effective control of WIP levels and drive SPT reduction.
- • Daily management of overtime, productivity, shift working & holidays to optimise available resource.
- • To ensure effective management of team members in areas such as performance, conduct, absence & wellbeing.
- • Effective management of training using the skills matrix through rigorous adherence to PDR schedules.
- • Support and delegate for the Technical Manager in deploying off-site working parties.
- • Deliver team Policy Deployment goals and to ensure the effective cascade of targets to the team through information share.
- • To be accountable for and to elect dedicated team focals responsibility to control key processes, including 5s, Calibration, Maintenance, Health & Safety, Working Environment, Tooling and GPI's.
- • To eliminate rejects and quality escapes through effective coordination & application of lean sigma tools.
- • Drive innovative and entrepreneurial solutions to improve performance and reduce costs.
- • Host customer visits and internal and external quality audits.
- • Liaise and engage with OEM product support engineering on investigation work scopes.
- • A strong mechanical engineering background is essential
- • A working knowledge of lean principles, to Green Belt level and how to deploy these effectively
- • Familiarity of 8D and QRQC tools would be advantageous
- • Ability to portray full endorsement of business goals and objectives
- • Capable of interpreting KPI's and developing appropriate actions
- • Effective people development, leadership, coaching and team development skills
- • High levels of ‘change energy' & demonstrated motivation towards change implementation
- • Effective communication and relationship building skills throughout all levels of the business
- • Time management is key to this role in conjunction with excellent organisation skills
- • Self-motivated with a proactive working style
- • Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular Power Point, Word, Excel.
Key Measures of Performance:
- • On time delivery of plan.
- • Control and management of productivity and hours in-line with Policy Deployment targets.
- • Maintaining costs in area of responsibility within the MRO business plan & Policy Deployment.
- • Optimised Working Capital – stock, rotable components, WIP.
- • Overall Equipment Effectiveness – efficiency, utilisation & maintenance.
- • Employee performance & satisfaction.
- • Quality as defined by standards for: delivered product, delivered paperwork/reports & internal
- • Daily participation in QRQC to insure effective cascade of information to all relevant
Specificity of the job
No Travel Requirements
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
MachinistPublished on 08/27/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Production Operations Management Graduate M/FPublished on 09/02/2019Gloucester, United Kingdom Graduate Program Manufacture / assembly and repair
Pre-Induction TechnicianPublished on 10/15/2019Segensworth North Fareham Hampshire, United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair