Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Gloucester , England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Ability to process PO's; support the Purchasing Team with Commodity Strategies; support the Purchasing Team's data requirements and reporting needs,
- - Demonstrable experience of working within a Purchasing Department.
- - Proficient with Advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills.
- - Able to work with, influence and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- - Experience of managing projects and working to deadlines.
- - Demonstrated ability to react, negotiate and manage multiple procurement contracts of variable value.
- - Proficient administration, numerical and organisational skills.
- - Previous experience of working with SAP, or similar package.
- - Previous experience of working within an Indirect Purchasing role.
- - Experience of working within a Shared Service Centre environment.
- - Analytical skills covering written, graphic, numerical & statistical information.
- - Business Administration qualification, or similar.
- - CIPS qualification.
- - Educated to Degree level.
- - Project Management training or qualification.
- - Previous Customer Service training or qualification.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- - Undertake all purchasing responsibilities to support the P2P (Purchase to Pay) process. This includes processing purchase requisitions and supplier applications for individual sites and supporting invoice queries (when Purchasing responsibility).
- - Take responsibility for all reporting requirements on a weekly, monthly and annual basis including any departmental KPIs.
- - Developing the ability to manage, negotiate and generate RFQs and tenders for specific allocated projects.
- - Report and deliver cost savings in accordance with procedures and accurately updated on relevant tools (e.g. CAP).
- - Work as part of the Purchasing Team to develop and implement Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) tools and techniques.
- - Works collaboratively within the Purchasing Team to understand and support business strategy.
- - Develop the skillset to negotiate contract terms and conditions, including prices for all types of agreement (Non-Disclosure - NDAs, Supply and Service Agreements; etc.).
- - Administration support including but not restricted to; Invoice queries, Purchase Order processing and Expediting.
- - Support end users on day to day SAP queries.
- - Manage the implementation process for on boarding new suppliers.
Specificity of the job
Some UK travel required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Purchasing Work Experience PlacementPublished on 02/20/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Internship / Student Purchasing
NPI Sourcing CoordinatorPublished on 01/23/2020Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing
Supplier Account Manager (SAM) – Machining & CastingPublished on 11/27/2019Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing