Apprentice Payroll Administrator
Finance and management
Gloucester, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Working at Safran means being part of something bigger. An enterprise that is shaping our future, a community of people who are passionate about their professions. An environment where we share the same values and goals to meet tomorrow's technological, environmental and social challenges.
Our Finance department at Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering a challenging and exciting opportunity of the Apprenticeship programme to become a Payroll assistant apprentice.
- • Support the processing of monthly payroll payments in accordance with company rulings
- • Verify and transmit data for Bureau processing (ADP) for several Safran entities in the UK
- • Ensure all necessary controls, reports and reconciliations on payments are produced on a timely basis for the company accounts.
- • Liaise with the HR team in respect of the import of personnel data into the ADP processes.
- • Ensure all relevant personnel data and files are adequately controlled to accurately report tax, NI, pension and other payroll deductions
- • Accurately record and account for non-standard payments to employees, leavers and retirees
- • Support all aspects of payroll deductions and reporting, e.g. pension schemes, share issues, from a payroll perspective
- • Support the Horoquartz time and attendance reporting and transfer into the payroll system for payment
- • Support HR and payroll driven process changes and improvement
As part of the apprenticeship, you will complete a nationally recognised qualification as a Payroll Administrator (Level 3)
Candidate skills & requirements
- • Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- • Attention to detail and accuracy are paramount
- • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- • Previous experience within a Payroll/HR or Accounts setting would be highly desirable for the role due to the requirements of the qualification
Successful candidates will need to have achieved, or expect to achieve at least 5 GCSE's at grade 4 or above to include Maths, English, Science and a technology.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.
Business Unit ControllerPublished on 03/06/2021Cypress, United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Customs Export and Import CoordinatorPublished on 03/03/2021Burnley Lancashire Bb10 2tq, United Kingdom Fixed Term contract Finance and management
Responsable Finances H/FPublished on 03/03/2021Commercy, France Regular Full time Finance and management