Project Engineer 1
R&D Technical Direction
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Garden grove, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
- • Creates and maintains a project plan, monitors the progress of the design against the plan; informs management when schedule will not be met so that adjustments can be made.
- • Supports proposal activities including identifying applicable innovative technology and providing engineering resource estimation
- • Monitors project performance metrics, and provide monthly updates to his/her manager on project NRC status (ITD, EAC, variance to plan), product DTC and DTW status. Works with Program Management and Sales to manage all out-of-scope requests and assists with assertions.
- • Works independently and/or with a team composed of various disciplines including program management, sales and marketing, operations. Administers all aspects of product design life cycle including research, proposal, development and production phases.
- • Develops project and/or development plans including schedules, budgets and necessary design resources.
- • Translates equipment specification into a work breakdown structure and product breakdown structure, equipment / component specifications, and allocate software and hardware requirements.
- • Creates, maintains and checks the lifecycle documentation for aerospace products such as equipment development plan, validation and verification plan / procedures, qualification plan / procedures. Evaluates or generates Engineering Change Requests (ECR's) as appropriate. The project engineer is responsible for the on-time release of the lifecycle documents in compliance to the program schedule.
- • Ensures compliance of design solutions to performance, safety, reliability, structural, thermal, electrical, quality, design and material requirements and performs analyses and testing regime to ensure robust engineering design. Seeks guidance from technical experts when appropriate.
- • Champions continuous improvement of product design, including product differentiation and competitiveness, manufacturability improvements and component standardization.
- • Coordinates with internal and external customers as well as vendors and suppliers to ensure critical issues are addressed in a timely fashion. Interfaces with strategic partners as the engineered product development focal.
- • Works with OEM's, airlines, and airworthiness authorities to certify equipment for use on commercial, military, and private aircraft.
- • Performs/supports development and validation tests for electronic hardware and software integration.
- • Conducts hands on troubleshooting of the verification and qualification failure and perform root cause analyses
- • Prepares presentations and leads design reviews for the given work package or product
- • Takes pride in producing high quality work that is free of errors
- • Contributes to continuous improvement of the engineering department.
- • Employs a formal requirements-based engineering and V&V process during the design and development phase.
The Project Engineer 1 is a strong technical leader responsible for managing the overall engineering effort on aircraft interior programs. Responsible for leading an engineering team from all disciplines in the planning and execution of all engineering activities in support of the program.
- • Maintains good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks from internal customers such as project engineers and system engineers.
- • Attained in depth product and competitive industry intelligence such as competitors IP activities. Being the industry leader in the subject matter
- • Possess in depth knowledge of manufacturing methods to allow “best fit” for new product development
- • Strong engineering foundation in one or more disciplines such as electrical, thermal, electromechanical, materials, structural, aerospace, and chemical fields.
- • Mature written and verbal communication skills with the ability to drive consensus to a balanced decision.
- • Possess strong work ethic with the commitment to excellence. Effective in working independently or within a cross-functional team.
- • Ability to prioritize and plan work activities. Must use time efficiently and develop realistic achievable action plans.
- • Good problem solving skills based on solid technical reasoning.
- • Knowledge of product development under a regulated environment using FAA, SAE, RTCA, OEM and industry guidelines. Knowledge of RTCA-DO160 / 178 / 254 and OEM specifications.
- • Bachelor's degree in applicable engineering discipline or equivalent experience required
- • 1-3 years in the aerospace industry with emphasis on interiors retrofit/reconfiguration or related experience
- • Project Management experience is preferred.
- • Basic knowledge of MS Office Products (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- • Demonstrated proficiency with PC Based Design and Programming software (Catia V5 preferred)
- • Excellent blueprint reading skills
- • Ability to work OT as needed during high customer demand
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling is required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Ingénieur Calcul Composite H/FPublished on 05/10/2021Saint Crépin Ibouvilliers, France Regular Full time R&D Technical Direction
Développeur Frontend H/FPublished on 05/09/2021Magny-les-hameaux, France Regular Full time R&D Technical Direction
Engineering ManagerPublished on 05/07/2021Denton, United States Regular Full time R&D Technical Direction