Design Engineer 2
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Garden grove, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
Create designs of aircraft interior products ranging from but not limited to: bins, galleys, lavatories, or ceiling panels used in commercial and private aircrafts using a computer aided drafting system and support existing designs of products which are manufactured on site. While creating new designs, considerations of certification, composites/general material selection due to weight restrictions in aircraft, and ease of manufacturing is necessary. Product designs range from basic interiors products used in regional aircraft and commercial airlines, to first class and high end private jets products.
- • Verify, check and sign off on Program co-workers' engineering drawings.
- • Specify parts and materials under guidance from the Project Engineer.
- • 3 years engineering experience.
- • Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures in design engineering
- • Ability to check design intent
- • Understand and apply modular and design standardization concepts
- • Ability to analyze root cause for any engineering issues
- • Ability to communicate design concepts through hand sketches
- • Understanding of aircraft trim and finish practices.
- • MS Windows.
- • Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- • CATIA V5, SmarTeam are preferred.
- • AutoCAD is useful.
Description: Intermediate-level position within field.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws
- • Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
- • Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
- • Produce accurate 3D models, preliminary layouts, production details and assembly drawings while meeting drawing release dates.
- • Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
- • Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
- • Release 3D models and drawings, maintaining data integrity according to CDE1002 and CDE1004.
- • Act as a shop liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
- • Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
Specificity of the job
3. Traveling is required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Manufacturing Engineer IIPublished on 02/21/2020Santa Rosa, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Tool Design Engineer 2Published on 02/11/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineer 2Published on 02/11/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering