Buyer 2 - Aftermarket & Service
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Garden grove, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
The Safran growth strategy centers on three imperatives: growing company market share, customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence. The buyer role is responsible for acquiring goods and services at a competitive price, ensuring that goods are of top quality, and facilitating delivery of goods via the issuance and management of a purchase order. Analyzes demand and plans supply in accordance, ensures efficient and quality execution of requirements and purchasing action messages, manages supplier delivery, quality, and cost performance and improvement.
- • Acts as authorized agent of the company, making financial commitments and managing key supplier relationships to ensure supply chain performance
- • Manages complex supplier accounts, requiring advanced knowledge of commodity, supply base, and program
- • Responsible for key suppliers, significant spend, and challenging supply chain problem resolution
- • Provides peer review and oversight to junior Purchasing Agents
- • Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter
- • Make daily purchases and input into MRP system based on demand, while analyzing the quality, specifications, and delivery requirements
- • Ensure just in time supply aligns with loaded demand to maintain inventory targets
- • Send out quotations for bid on non-contracted items, and negotiate best price
- • Interface with planning and purchasing Integrated Program Team (IPT) to ensure any changes in schedule or requirements are flowed down to suppliers
- • Review purchase orders regularly and follow up on unconfirmed orders, past due items, etc.
- • Generate effective communication, good relationships, and a positive image with suppliers, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness
- • Act as authorized agent of the company and primary contact to assigned suppliers
- • Proactively manage suppliers and regularly assess performance to ensure on-time delivery of quality product
- • Manage program shortages and ensure supplier commitments are communicated to IPT Lead
- • Review non-conformance reports (NCRs) against supplier product and communicate and coordinate disposition
- • Identifies and mitigates risk, solves problems, and escalates as needed to IPT Lead and/or Purchasing Manager
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum 3 years of supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience
- • MRP system experience
- • MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- • Service, Warranty or Aftermarket Buying experience
- • Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
- • Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
- • Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
- • Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
- • Ability to apply Supply Chain past experience to current environment and modify as needed
- • Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
- • Ability to make timely decisions and take action
- • Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders
- • Customer service oriented
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or program management
- • Previous experience supporting manufacturing, aerospace preferred
- • Ability to read and analyze engineering prints
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Purchasing ManagerPublished on 05/20/2021Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Acheteur Projets H/FPublished on 06/14/2021Saint Crépin Ibouvilliers, France Regular Full time Purchasing
Garant fonctionnel ARIBA Source to Pay (S2P) H/FPublished on 06/14/2021Issy-les-moulineaux, France Regular Full time Purchasing