Electrical and mechatronics
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
Everett, Washington, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
A glimpse at the job:
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to, conducting failure analysis, supporting the definition of hardware to be used in electromechanical equipment, validation of designs and component selection as well as supporting the mitigation of obsolescence.
This position contributes to our vision by:
- - Supporting new product development.
- - Working closely with mechanical design, engineering hardware design team located abroad, and product management to drive new development of programs from concept to production.
- - Developing, designing, and modifying products to the defined requirements including analysis, laboratory tests, simulation, and field evaluation to assure compliance to project and customer and industry requirements.
- - Providing component engineering support and creation/analysis of PCB assemblies.
- - Preparing the documents required to define the products and show verification of analytics.
- - Following company document control and quality procedures for engineering design and development.
- - Analyzing problems and identify design solutions as applicable.
- - Analyzing electronics and electrical designs by hand and by using analysis tools.
- - Maintaining, troubleshoot and enhance existing electromechanical and electronic products
- - Assisting quality department regarding non-compliance (NC) of hardware components.
- - Providing technical assistance to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product.
- - Providing test and evaluation support including input of acceptance test procedures (ATP) and qualification test procedures (QTP).
We work closely with the customer to provide engineering solutions and exceptional program support. Our Team Members enjoy our spirit of continuous improvement and participate in teambuilding events and activities.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Ventilation Systems offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Candidates for positions with Safran Ventilation Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Ventilation Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: 425.583.0810. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran Ventilation Systems looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Knowledge & Skills
- - Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from a 4-year program.
- - Knowledge of printed circuit boards technologies, processors, chips and electronic equipment.
- - Experience in analog, digital and power circuits design.
- - Hands on experience in bench top prototype circuit verification, PCB layout verification, familiar with electrical and electronics test equipment
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- - Knowledge of asynchronous and synchronous motors.
- - Familiarity with RTCA DO-160.
- - Familiarity with RTCA DO-254.
- - Knowledge of Cadence Allegro Tools a plus.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- - Team oriented
- - Process focused
- - Open & honest communication
- - Quality minded
- - Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- - Recognizes success
- - Executes with urgency
- - Customer focused in everything we do
Specificity of the job
Travel may be required for this position.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Ventilation Systems is a major player in the design and manufacture of ventilation and thermal management equipment for commercial and regional aircraft, business jets, and civil and military helicopters.
Ingénieur d'études Modules Inertiels H/FPublished on 11/29/2020Eragny, France Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Ingénieur Etudes Fonctionnelles Modules inertiels H/FPublished on 11/29/2020Eragny, France Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics
Project Engineer 3Published on 11/12/2020Huntington Beach, United States Regular Full time Electrical and mechatronics