denton, Texas, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
More than 5 years
- • Plans, directs and coordinates the activities within the Stores department in conjunction with other departments to ensure the project meets the established schedule.
- • Provides technical direction as needed to shipping/receiving personnel.
- • Trains, encourages, mentors and instructs others.
- • Conducts 1:1 discussions, assists with writing and delivering annual performance reviews and mid-year reviews.
- • Assists with resource planning and hiring recommendations as required.
- • Enforces and adheres to policies as outlined in employee handbook.
- • Develops teamwork through cross-training with other departments.
- • Tracks site specific KPIs and helps to implement performance improvement plans if goals are not met.
- • Supports program parts status meetings and provides visibility of mod center activities regarding parts required.
- • Performs inspections on incoming materials to validate goods are as ordered and proper documentation has been provided and follows proper procedures to disposition discrepancies.
- • Prepares and packages materials for shipment.
- • Trains and certifies designated employees on forklifts.
- • Defines and updates floor stock requirements.
- • Maintains care and regular maintenance of Stores department vehicles, tools and gauges.
- • Complies with and enforces safety rules and procedures and remains alert for unsafe conditions. Addresses unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- • Wears safety equipment as required and follows safety guidelines/procedures.
- • Properly adheres to training and GHS/SDS guidelines when handling Hazardous Materials.
- • Maintains a neat, organized work area and contributes to the daily housekeeping of the department.
- • Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with five years' experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience with demonstrated skills. Material handling in the Aerospace industry preferred.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- • Ability to lead and motivate team members towards project objectives.
- • Ability to communicate in English (read, write and verbally communicate).
- • Knowledge of aerospace components.
- • Familiar with basic quality terms, concepts, inspection and planning processes.
- • Ability to read blueprints, pack slips, invoices and certification documentation.
- • Mathematical knowledge and ability to apply towards problem solving.
- • Ability to interpret and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- • Strong time-management and problem-solving skills.
- • Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- • Ability to coordinate and handle multiple priorities within deadlines and take initiative to produce results.
- • Advanced in Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
- • Ability to travel as required.
- • Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
- • Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
- • Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance/able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- • Able to reach overhead.
- • Able to work in a non-dust-free environment.
- • Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
- • Full range of motion with both hands.
- • Can work in a stooping, kneeling or standing position and in cramped areas.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.