Manufacture / assembly and repair
Denton, Texas, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
A glimpse at the job:
At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Production Associate, you are responsible for assembling aerospace wiring harnesses where you'll have the opportunity to utilize a variety of tools and processes. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Assembles electrical hardware according to required specifications
- • Interprets technical drawings, wire lists and work instructions to determine materials needed in order of operation
- • Arrang s components and wires for various assembly jobs
- • Attaches contacts, lugs, splices, and other terminal devices using hand tools, pneumatic tools, and soldering equipment
- • Performs inspection to insure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and are free from defects
- • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
- • Regular, predictable attendance is required
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, and tuition assistance.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
- • High School Diploma or GED required.
- • Stable employment during the past 12 months, a record of continuous employment in recent work history, or is a recent graduate. Good attendance history.
- • Minimum age 18/OSHA.
- • Must be able to pass background check and drug screening.
- • US Person
- • Must pass visual acuity test for color blindness without corrective lenses and 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- • Ability to pass manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination tests.
- • Ability to pass language and applied math tests.
- • High degree of accuracy in following technical specifications. - Beginner
- • Ability to self-inspect work utilizing strong attention to detail. - Beginner
- • Ability to interpret detailed specifications and instructions. - Beginner
- • Working knowledge of common hand tools (screwdriver, screw gun, wire cutters, pliers). - Beginner
- • Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment. - Advanced
- • Ability to use measuring instruments. - Beginner
- • Basic computer skills including but not limited to navigating systems using a keyboard/mouse/barcode scanner. - Beginner
- • Ability to adapt to continuously changing work conditions. - Advanced
- • Ability to complete employer skills training certification classes during initial 2 ½ weeks of employment.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: 940-272-5627. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification of electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 12,400 employees across 12 different countries.
Technical Support EngineerPublished on 09/11/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
New Production TechnicianPublished on 08/16/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
MRO TechnicianPublished on 07/17/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair