Design Engineer III
Electronics & Automation
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Denton, Texas, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. In the role of Design Engineer III, you use CAD software and equipment to design new products based on implemented technologies. You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with customer Engineering to develop tailored solutions, organize and coordinate Development Team meetings and develop and implement company drafting and modeling standards. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Communicating with customer Engineering team to define the product design
- • Using computer assisted design/drafting software/equipment to develop system designs (CATIA, AutoCAD and/or Inventor)
- • Designing test jigs and test samples for new product qualification, obtaining customer approval, and coordinating manufacture
- • Sketing rough layout product and computing angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and locations of features
- • Communicating with Manufacturing Engineers, QA, other Design Engineers, and Manufacturing regarding new and revised prints
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility's diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- • Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- • Requires 7+ years experience in an engineering discipline
- • Green Belt certification preferred
- • Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- • Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- • Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- • Proficient skill level preferable in CATIA and INVENTOR software. Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Ability to learn new graphic software.
- • Requires proven project management and customer relations skills
- • Minimal travel required
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (940) 272-5627. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Ingénieur système automaticien H/FPublished on 08/03/2021Eragny, France Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
Ingénieur modélisation, simulation et étude de performances autodirecteurs H/FPublished on 08/03/2021Eragny, France Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
Ingénieur développement FPGA / Vidéo H/FPublished on 08/03/2021Les Ulis, France Regular Full time Electronics & Automation