Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Denton, Texas, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we're all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. In the role of Commodity Buyer, you will conduct and manage the processes of obtaining, improving and securing goods and services for the Company. You'll have the opportunity to establish a purchasing productivity plan, manage suppliers contract plan, and establish the purchasing strategies and roadmap of the managed commodities. If you're looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position will be located in Denton, TX, on-site with the purchasing leadership team, but it will support broadly across sites for Safran Electrical Components Americas. Sites include Santa Rosa, CA; Chihuahua, Mexico; and London, Ontario.
This position contributes to our vision by:
- • Manages supply chain relationships and contract with suppliers for the assigned commodities and suppliers;
- • Develops and executes RFI, RFQ, and RFP requirements for the purchase of parts, equipment and services within assigned commodities and based upon quality, price, lot size and delivery defined internally. Ensures requirements in term of Cost, Quality, Delivery, service and Engineering are understood by the suppliers. Identifies and assesses the risks;
- • Conducts market research to identify potential suppliers to meet company sourcing strategies / needs (commodity, program, volume, and timing), in line with the Safran Electrical Components Group Purchasing Policy and strategy, by performing initial Supplier assessments (risk, maturity, capability and capacity). Obtains information from suppliers concerning product and/or service specifications, price, delivery dates, etc;
- • Contributes to the cost objective plan defined for the commodities of group of suppliers assigned, and manages their own productivity plan;
- • Contributes to the Purchasing plurennial productivity plan (PMT);
- • Negotiates the Purchasing contracts with the support of the Supply Chain, Quality and Technical Department and according to the Safran rules; apply the yearly plans;
- • Supports Purchasing management in defining the Purchasing roadmaps by providing inputs and results on the commodities and suppliers managed;
- • Ensures adherence to the company Supply Chain management policies, procedures and Purchasing best practices;
- • Maintains a continuous supply of materials to avoid any disruptions in manufacturing and/or customer service, performing all work with a sense of urgency and timeliness.
Ongoing initiatives, like Women@Safran and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
- • Requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or a related field of study;
- • Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in purchasing within aerospace, automotive, or another recognized industry;
- • Financial, engineering and business knowledge - Intermediate
- • Cost breakdown analysis - Intermediate
- • Purchasing strategic roadmap definition - Intermediate
- • Supply Chain flows and procurement modes - Intermediate
- • Technical and market watch - Intermediate
- • Read and challenge technical specification (Able to read and understand mechanical and or technical drawings) - Intermediate
- • Contract negotiation (all types, services, goods, toolings) - Intermediate
- • MRP system skills - Intermediate
- • Reporting tools - Intermediate
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- • Team oriented
- • Process focused
- • Open & honest communication
- • Quality minded
- • Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- • Recognizes success
- • Executes with urgency
- • Customer focused in everything we do
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Sharon.Wilson@safrangroup.com or call: 707-535-2731. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.
Program Buyer IIPublished on 04/27/2021Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Acheteur Senior Site H/FPublished on 05/12/2021Saint Crépin Ibouvilliers, France Regular Full time Purchasing
Acheteur Projets H/FPublished on 05/12/2021Saint Crépin Ibouvilliers, France Regular Full time Purchasing