Tool Design Engineer 2
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Cypress, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
The Tool Design Engineer will work closely with many internal departments such as Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Planning. Responsible for effectively managing, coordinating and controlling new tooling design, sign-off, development, procurement and maintenance, ensuring quality and delivery meets expectations of the customer.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical /Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 5+ years of related tool design experience
- • Proficiency in CAD Software (CATIA V5) and Smarteam
- • Proficiency Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- • Relevant and significant engineering experience in tooling/jigs/fixtures and working in a fast-paced production environment
- • Self-motivated and capable of independent decision making and managing time to meet strict schedule
- • Good oral and written communications skills
- • Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Assembly Tooling experience
Description: Mid-level position within job role.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws
Summary of Duties:
- • Support production floor with tooling and shop aids to drive better quality, improve efficiency and output.
- • Identify innovative tooling solutions.
- • Manage the process of creating and controlling tooling.
- • Review supplier tool designs for key characteristics, ease of use, cost.
- • Manage tooling designed and / or manufactured by suppliers; including schedule, purchasing, delivery.
- • Management of the tooling design, sign-off, development, procurement and maintenance process by providing leadership which generates a culture of empowerment, individual responsibility and stretch
- • Drive quality, efficiency and output across the plant, upholding the highest Health and Safety performance
- • Balance multiple designs and projects, acting as the primary point of contact for tooling needs
- • Act as an engineering liaison during design development of new tooling to ensure manufacturability
- • Interact with all departments impacted by tooling design and production to ensure the optimal and most efficient result is achieved
- • Have detailed knowledge of how to read engineering drawings, and be able to relay information to production team members
- • Develop best tooling design and production standards and practices
- • Provide feedback to Design Engineering and Customers to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction, and best delivery that meets the quality requirements
- • Ensure standardization and compliance to
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Senior Industrialization and Cost EngineerPublished on 02/24/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineer 2Published on 02/11/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Manufacturing Engineer 3Published on 02/11/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering