Quality Engineer 3
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Cypress, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
This position will utilize lean kaizen events to improve a product line or lines by training employees and using quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques. The Quality Engineer will design, or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment, analyze production and service limitations and standards, recommend the revision of specifications, and formulate quality assurance policies and procedures. Conduct training on manufacturing quality assurance, lean manufacturing and SPC concepts and tools. The Quality Engineer is the control point for the analysis, reporting and training of a product line or lines. This job reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
Summary of Duties:
- • Reviews and signs engineering change notices (ECNs) and engineering drawings.
- • Works with the quality control and production personnel to drive the continuous improvement process.
- • Tracks and ensures measuring and testing equipment used within the division is within calibration.
- • Monitors and assists first article inspection (FAI) information system.
- • Writes reports and standard work, performs employee training, and conducts statistical analysis.
- • Ensures production tooling is inspected and conforms to specs prior to use.
- • Approves work orders prior to release to ensure engineering operations are properly documented.
- • Applies purchase order quality clauses to applicable products within an MRP system
- • Assists corrective action board (CAB) by being a member, provides problem solving / resolution.
- • Performs internal process audits to company specifications.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Education: BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience in related fields.
Experience: 5-7 years' experience within the quality environment.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office® programs, Office, and with MRP systems. Advanced Excel skills.
Other Skills: Certified blue print reader. Strong trouble shooting skills and communication skills. Advanced Spreadsheet building and Microsoft Office Skills. Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and other related literature is necessary. Familiar with general quality systems and with the following internal processes: CDQ, SQUIP, DSQR.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Management experience
- • Quality certification
Description: Professional level
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.