Manufacturing Engineer 3
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Cypress, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
Supports the engineering and production departments with respect to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products by solving manufacturing issues and reducing the time to manufacture products with the implementation of time saving measures. The Manufacturing Engineer will ensure the quality, integrity and certification properties of products manufactured is maintained or improved.
Level 3 Qualifications:
Education: BS in Industrial, Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 6+ years.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®., AutoCAD. Knowledge of design software
Other Skills: Experience with airworthiness regulations, and LEAN tools such as Valve Stream Mapping (VSM) “5S”. Advanced knowledge of pull systems standardized work and strong problem solving skills.
Description: Senior-level position within job role.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws
Summary of Duties:
- • Act as shop liaison between design engineers and production to ensure products are built to specifications and engineering documents.
- • Provide feedback to design engineering to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, weight reduction and time to manufacture product.
- • Prepare engineering change requests (CRs) as required to support manufacturing and quality of parts produced.
- • Identify and, if necessary, design and deploy tooling to aid in production processes.
- • Ensure standardization and compliance to engineering, customer and company specification for processes employed in the production of interior products.
- • Solve manufacturing issues and communicate solutions to design engineering.
- • Establish manufacturing line set up for new products for optimal production with respect to time and cost.
- • Provide assistance to production personal for all facets related to manufacturing of product.
- • Know and apply C&D engineering manual, CDE1000 with emphasis on Section 2.0.
- • Identify and deploy improvements on the shop floor
- • Review 2D drawings for manufacturability
- • Analyze process and product risks
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Senior Industrialization and Cost EngineerPublished on 02/24/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Tool Design Engineer 2Published on 02/11/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineer 2Published on 02/11/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering