IPT Purchasing Lead
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Cypress, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
This position will lead supply chain activities and have oversight to reporting and meeting Program Management deliverables.
Ensures purchasing execution is in alignment with program requirements, with primary responsibility of ensuring purchasing program support, supplier on time delivery (SOTD) and cost management. The key responsibility is to collaborate with Program Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Planning groups to ensure an optimized Supply Chain to ensure that risks are mitigated to support customer delivery expectations.
Education: Bachelor's degree
- • Minimum of 5 years of supply chain and/or program management in aerospace, automotive or mechanical manufacturing environment with the ability to lead and influence others.
- • Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with cross functional teams
- • Minimum of 5 years in manufacturing environment
- • Intermediate/proficient knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- • Knowledge of program launch processes.
- • Strong written and verbal business communications abilities, must be comfortable delivering information to all levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- • Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
- • Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
- • Can prioritize strategic vs tactical and align to customer impact
- • Ability to apply Supply Chain past experience to current environment and modify as needed.
- • Ability to influence and win respect
- • Ability to make timely decisions and take action
- • Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders.
- • Customer service oriented
- • Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with many levels and types of people
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • Bachelor's degree in in business, supply chain or program management
- • Previous program or project management experience
- • Previous supply chain experience
Description: Mid-level position within field.
ID: DLAV - 80681
Summary of Duties:
Supply Chain Continuity & Program Communication
- • Coordinate with the program team, purchasing team, IPT planning lead to act as communication conduit between IPT and Purchasing Team
- • Act as purchasing focal in required program meetings
- • Interface with purchasing agents and subcontract suppliers on delivery schedule, cost and contract inquiries
- • Manage key performance indicators for program including supplier on time delivery (SOTD), program shortages, purchase price variance
- • Support Supplier Development in capacity and capability assessment of key program suppliers
- • Facilitate and monitor cost reduction activities directly related to program and suppliers
- • Support supplier cost, performance, schedule, and quality objectives
- • Assessment and evaluation of engineering changes to account for supply chain liability and communication of changes to Purchasing Team
- • Support emergency purchasing and on-site needs as required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.