Industrial Engineer 2
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Cypress, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
Provide Industrial Engineering support and coordination during the design and fabrication of aircraft interior components. Responsible for determining most cost effective ways to create products. Develop strategies to increase productivity by maximizing line efficiency and managing resources to meet company targets.
- • Collaboration – Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
- • Communication – Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- • Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with limited direction; ability to work within and lead in a team oriented environment
- • Excellent attention to detail.
- • Project and general management experience
- • Experience in manufacturing line set-up
- • Self-motivated and multi-tasker; able to level load own workload.
Level 2 Qualifications:
Education: BS in Industrial, Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 4-5 years.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®., AutoCAD. Knowledge of design software
Other Skills: Experience with airworthiness regulations & LEAN tools such as valve stream mapping (VSM) “5S”.
Description: Intermediate-Mid Level
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws
Summary of Duties:
- • Develop, implement and sustain Industrialization Plans
- • Work with the Design and Manufacturing teams to develop optimal production processes for each product type
- • Coordinate the specification, acquisition and implementation of manufacturing equipment
- • Develop a detailed phasing schedule for implementation of new lines
- • Coordinate with Facilities to ensure that the necessary production floor space and support are allocated in conjunction with the required schedule.
- • Provide feedback to Design group for DFMA
- • Work with Master Planner to coordinate work through the facility
- • Develop Cycle time and Takt Time standards and plans to achieve them.
- • Create visual management standards to communicate performance.
- • Support Departmental and Personal Objectives/Measurements
- • Perform time studies, develop work breakdown, develop standard work instructions
- • Champion and implement Lean principles.
- • Lead and participate in Kaizen and 3P events to develop improvements and plans.
- • Support Production Shifts via rotations
- • Troubleshoot production line performance issues, identify and implement solutions
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Senior Industrialization and Cost EngineerPublished on 02/24/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Tool Design Engineer 2Published on 02/11/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Manufacturing Engineer 3Published on 02/11/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering