Health, Safety & Environmental Manager (Multi-Site)
Health & Safety, Environment
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Cypress and huntington beach, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 8 years
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager (multi-site) manages and coordinates HSE within an assigned perimeter of factories to ensure all regulatory provisions and Safran Group reference systems are being applied. They also manage the creation and implementation of the HSE improvement plans and advise and support site management and operational staff within the perimeter of assignment to promote employee health, safety and environmental performance. This role is expected to balance their time between amongst their assigned perimeter of factories and prioritize based on risk to the business. This role has specific HSE oversight for some regional activities and will help drive regional coordination and deploy HSE initiatives.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- • 8 or more years of experience with at least 3 year of leadership responsibility.
- • Possesses solid working knowledge of HSE/Safety.
- • Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- • Comprehensive knowledge of employer policies, procedures and practices.
- • Performs complex tasks.
- • Leads and directs the work of other employees and/or supervisors.
- • Provides leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to subordinates.
- • Demonstrated experience with multi-site oversight and auditing management systems.
- • Experience with the following: OSHA, EPA, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, Business Continuity Planning, “Green” Manufacturing, LEAN concepts, LEED Design, SixSigma, TSCA, EPCRA, Workers Compensation
- • Up to 20% travel is expected for this role.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • 10+ years of experience in an HSE capacity
- • French language skills
Description: Senior-level position within field.
Key Words: EHS Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Safety Manager, Environmental Manager
ID: DLAV - 79260
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Summary of Duties:
- • Ensure all regulatory provisions and the Safran Group reference systems are being applied:
o Carry out regulatory and legal monitoring
o Ensure regulatory registers (including the 'comprehensive assessment') are properly kept and regularly checked
o Ensure operational staff take HSE obligations into account
o Update the list of HSE qualified and/or accredited staff
o Implement monitoring and reporting methods adapted to local circumstances
o Manage and/or carry out HSE audits and inspections
o Suggest, review and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- • Manage the creation and implementation of the local HSE improvement plans:
o Ensure local HSE policy is being applied
o Suggest areas of improvement and local improvement initiatives
o In liaison with operational staff, establish HSE action plans to achieve set objectives and targets
o Monitor the application of action plans
o Manage a portfolio of HSE improvement projects
- • Advise and support site management and operational staff on all HSE activities:
o Help establish and coordinate the HSE training plan
o Initiate communication and awareness initiatives
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Risk Manager Société et Responsable Central Sureté H/FPublished on 02/17/2020France Regular Full time Health & Safety, Environment
IPT Purchasing LeadPublished on 02/14/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Value Stream Production ManagerPublished on 02/14/2020Cypress, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair