Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Manager
Health & Safety, Environment
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Cypress, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
Summary of Duties:
- • Ensure all regulatory provisions and the Safran Group reference systems are being applied:
- - Ensure Safran Group policy, fundamentals, standards and objectives are applied
- - Carry out regulatory and legal monitoring
- - Ensure regulatory registers (including the 'comprehensive assessment') are properly kept and regularly checked
- - Ensure operational staff take HSE obligations into account
- - Update the list of HSE qualified and/or accredited staff
- - Implement monitoring and reporting methods adapted to local circumstances
- - Manage and/or carry out HSE audits and inspections
- - Suggest, review and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- • Manage the creation and implementation of the local HSE improvement plan:
- - In liaison with operational staff, identify any significant dangers and hazards and any significant environmental aspects and impacts, and monitor them
- - Ensure local HSE policy is being applied
- - Suggest areas of improvement and local improvement initiatives
- - In liaison with operational staff, establish HSE action plans to achieve set objectives and targets
- - Monitor the application of action plans
- - Manage a portfolio of HSE improvement projects
- • Advise and support site management and operational staff on all HSE activities:
- - Provide leadership, guidance, coaching, and training to employees throughout the company in matters related to HSE
- - Implement Safran Group tools, methods and procedures and suggest ways to improve them
- - Help establish and coordinate the HSE training plan
- - Initiate communication and awareness initiatives
- - Establish and update all documentation relating to the HSE Management System
- - Ensure HSE documents are properly managed and disseminated
- - Take part in analyses and surveys
- - Facilitate and oversee incident investigations, root cause analyses and closure of corrective action plans
- - Champion initiatives that identify and communicate facility risk exposure, prioritize risk reduction needs, and ensure closure of recommendations to reduce risk.
- - Suggest and organize emergency drills
- - Prepare the management review
- - Provide information for Safran Group HSE reporting
Education: Bachelor's degree ,or equivalent, in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Safety, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or related technical field.
Experience: 5 or more years of experience in Health, Safety & Environmental, including experience in a manufacturing environment, with at least 1 year of leadership responsibility.
Computer Skills: MS Office
- • Experience with Health and Wellness, OSHA, EPA, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, Business Continuity Planning, “Green” Manufacturing, LEAN concepts, LEED Design, SixSigma, TSCA, EPCRA, Workers Compensation
- • Comprehensive knowledge of employer policies, procedures and practices.
- • Comprehensive knowledge and skills within the HSE discipline that extends to other areas of business, including all stakeholders.
- • Strong technical understanding of occupational health and safety regulations and practices, with advance knowledge in the areas of machine safety, electrical safety, and ergonomics.
- • Strong technical understanding of environmental regulations and practices, with advance knowledge in the areas of hazardous waste management and AQMD (California only).
- • Technical understanding of industrial hygiene practices and sampling methods.
- • Technical understanding of building and life safety codes.
- • Detail oriented
- • Well organized
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling is required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Santa MariaPublished on 07/26/2021Santa Maria, United States Regular Full time Health & Safety, Environment
Médecin Coordinateur Aerosystems France/ Médecin du travail site de Plaisir M/FPublished on 07/28/2021Plaisir, France Regular Full time Health & Safety, Environment
Improvement Project LeadPublished on 07/28/2021Cypress, United States Regular Full time Continuous improvement