Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Cypress, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
More than 5 years
The Safran growth strategy centers on three imperatives: growing company market share, customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence. This position will be responsible for acquiring goods and services at a competitive price, ensuring that goods are of top quality, and facilitating delivery of goods via the issuance and management of a purchase order.
Analyzes demand and plans supply in accordance, ensures efficient and quality execution of requirements and purchasing action messages, manages supplier delivery, quality, and cost performance and improvement.
- • Point of escalation to material issues that require attention and present a risk for the buyers to successfully execute the procurement process to meet the required demand dates
- • Coaches, trains, and mentors junior Purchasing Agents
- • Identify and manage special projects and teams, as required
- • Assist in the continuous improvement of the Purchasing organization
- • Acts as authorized agent of the company, making financial commitments and managing key supplier relationships to ensure supply chain performance
- • Manages complex supplier accounts, requiring advanced knowledge of commodity, supply base, and program
- • Responsible for key suppliers, significant spend, and challenging supply chain problem resolution
- • Provides peer review and oversight to junior Purchasing Agents
- • Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter
- • Make daily purchases and input into MRP system based on demand, while analyzing the quality, specifications, and delivery requirements
- • Ensure just in time supply aligns with loaded demand to maintain inventory targets
- • Send out quotations for bid on non-contracted items, and negotiate best price
- • Interface with planning and purchasing Integrated Program Team (IPT) to ensure any changes in schedule or requirements are flowed down to suppliers
- • Review purchase orders regularly and follow up on unconfirmed orders, past due items, etc.
- • Generate effective communication, good relationships, and a positive image with suppliers, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness
- • Act as authorized agent of the company and primary contact to assigned suppliers
- • Proactively manage suppliers and regularly assess performance to ensure on-time delivery of quality product
- • Manage program shortages and ensure supplier commitments are communicated to IPT Lead
- • Review non-conformance reports (NCRs) against supplier product and communicate and coordinate disposition
- • Identifies and mitigates risk, solves problems, and escalates as needed to IPT Lead and/or Purchasing Manager
- • Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- • Minimum of 6 years of supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience
- • MRP system experience
- • MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- • Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or program management
- • Previous experience supporting manufacturing, aerospace preferred
- • Ability to read and analyze engineering prints
- • Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
- • Self-starter with ability to drive improvement, meet timeliness and objectives
- • Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
- • Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
- • Ability to apply Supply Chain past experience to current environment and modify as needed.
- • Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect
- • Ability to make timely decisions and take action
- • Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule and strategy to stakeholders.
- • Customer service oriented
ID: DLAV - 76965
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.