Supplier Quality Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Kestrel house, lakeside, llantarnam np44 3hq cwmbran, Wales, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Safran is an international High-technology group, operating in the aviation (Propulsion, equipment and interiors), defence and space markets.
Safran Seats is the world leader in the commercial aircraft seats segment. We design, certify and assemble a complete range of products from crew seats through to business and first class modules. Today over one million Safran seats are in service in fleets all over the world, the continuous improvement of seat comfort and ergonomics is at the heart of our product design strategy.
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to work within our Quality team at our South Wales site in Cwmbran, in close proximity to both Cardiff and Bristol.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will work closely with our supplier partnerships to route cause quality issues to promote excellence in our supply chain.
As a qualified Engineer, you will provide support to the production lines to ensure adherence to relevant aerospace requirements and standards as well as working with peers to embed improvement initiatives and corrective actions. You will be green belt trained and familiar with Quality toolkits (FMEA, risk analysis, root cause analysis, MSA, Control plans, statistical tools)
Key Responsibilities include:
- • Contribute to the Group's supplier selection process by conducting audits and assessments
- - Support suppliers at the production engineering phase
- - Ensure the supplier clearly understands the requirements of the customer, and the program that the product is selected to be used on.
- - Act as quality representative in the industrial validation process
- - Guarantee the supplier quality assurance process
- - Ensure that quality assurance plans (systems, products, transfers) are put in place by suppliers
- - Plan and conduct appropriate monitoring actions at suppliers
- - Ensure corrective actions are implemented and effective
- - Implement KPI's to measure supplier quality performance, in line with the Safran rating system, measure and promote improvements
- - Provide procurement and supply chain with the appropriate justification to pass on poor quality costs (PQC) to deficient suppliers
- - Ensure that improvement plans are implemented by suppliers for areas identified as risk to the product deliveries
- - Identify and conduct the necessary training actions at suppliers.
Specificity of the job
Able to travel in UK and worldwide
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
Supplier Quality SupportPublished on 08/16/2019Cwmbran, United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
Ingénieur Qualité H/FPublished on 09/18/2019Saint Pierre Du Perray, France Regular Full time Quality
Ingénieur Matériaux Traitement Déclaration d'anomalies Forge H/FPublished on 09/18/2019Magny Les Hameaux, France Regular Full time Quality