Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Regular Full time, Full-time
Safran is an international High-technology group, operating in the aviation (Propulsion, equipment and interiors), defence and space markets.
Safran Seats is the world leader in the commercial aircraft seats segment. We design, certify and assemble a complete range of products from crew seats through to business and first class modules. Today over one million Safran seats are in service in fleets all over the world, the continuous improvement of seat comfort and ergonomics is at the heart of our product design strategy.
We are looking for an experienced Strategic Buyer to join our Purchasing team at our South Wales site in Cwmbran, in close proximity to both Cardiff and Bristol.
You will be responsible for driving the Company's purchasing strategy and working closely with our key suppliers to reduce cost whilst maintaining a high quality product portfolio within particular commodity structures.
Main Responsibilities include:
- • Using MRP data to raise necessary PO, and work with a predetermined number of suppliers to ensure that materials ordered are delivered on time in full, and to the correct quality standards
- • To develop partnerships and relationships through meetings with suppliers.
- • To manage procurement projects such as industrialisation of new products that include but not limited to composite, metallic and electric components
- • To actively engage within the appropriate commodity strategy
- • Ensure on time delivery from supply base meets the MRP requirements.
- • Ensure all KPI's are reported and updated in accordance with requirements
- • Ensure Product Quality is in line with drawing specification.
- • Maintain metrics of supplier performance
- • To ensure Program/Business Sectors are supported and managed to effectively satisfy all requirements.
- • To ensure that the service provided by suppliers meets required levels.
- • To ensure communication to Suppliers is of a consistently high standard to support communication throughout the business.
- • To provide Management Metrics to allow for accurate and easy monitoring of progress.
- • To organise the placement of purchase orders to fulfil the MRP requirements on both individual and team accounts.
- • To resolve discrepancy and invoice queries in line with own and team KPI.
- • To manage open rework orders within the supply chain, ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner with own and team KPI.
- • Constantly monitor and reduce the Open Order Book arrears with own and team KPI.
- • Experience of MRP tools and methods.
- • Identify improvements to drive agreed team's KPI's.
We are looking for someone that has previous experience of negotiating and purchasing bespoke commodities including metallics, plastics, composites and electrical components.
You will be able to read and determine purchasing requirements from technical engineering drawings and hold a relevant certificate or qualification in purchasing.
You will possess strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability of establishing effective working relationships across departments. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Specificity of the job
Travel to suppliers sites is likely to be required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.