Senior Programme Purchaser
Cwmbran, Wales, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Based in the Cwmbran Facility, the Senior Programme Purchaser is responsible for New Product Engineering & Project Management relating to the ongoing and new projects within the Strategic Procurement, SSGB. This role will interface with Design Engineering, Industrialisation and Suppliers to enhance Quality, Cost & Delivery. This position provides a link between Purchasing and Suppliers during project proposals, New Product Introduction, CDR, Certification and Ship Set 1 builds. Experience in reading and understanding engineering drawings, change management, project planning and risk management.
- - Manage the New Product Introduction process ensuring the new programmes are delivered on-time, on budget, and to the required quality standard through the PROMPT Tollgate process.
- - To provide project management metrics which allows accurate and easy monitoring of progress
- - Work with multiple programme teams to manage all procurement aspects of programmes
- - Liaison with programme teams to ensure release of information in a timely manner to the supply base to ensure sufficient lead time
- - Assist in the deployment and development of commodity long term strategies
- - Manage transfer of work projects
- - Identify, assess, and manage risk
- - Managing programme action trackers
- - Generation of supplier RFQ
- - Benchmarking suppliers
- - Ensure that timely negotiation of prices, terms and conditions, long term agreements are in place
- - Ensure supplier quality and delivery performance is maintained in line with agreed targets
- - Support Supplier Development initiatives
- - Understand manufacturing and system processes/procedures and challenge design/processes to optimize lead time and cost ( RC Compliance )
- - Identify quality, cost, and delivery improvement opportunities, and drive them through to completion to improve RC cost by Programme
- - Rationalise Supply base in line with Business Plan to ensure maximum economies of scale
Knowledge & Qualifications
- • A good academic standard of education
- • Evidence of continuing professional development
- • Demonstrable knowledge of MRP process
- • Knowledge of quality processes
- • Desirable:
- • Post Graduate
- • Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- • Knowledge of composite materials and processes
- • Experience in a technical procurement role in a manufacturing related industry
- • Experience in reading and understanding engineering drawings
- • Demonstrable experience in change management
- • Demonstrable experience in pulling together extensive project plans detailing key milestones and tasks
- • Demonstrable experience in assessing and managing risk
- • Desirable:
- • Experience of manufacturing industrialisation processes
- • Experience of APQP
- • Experience of QRQC / SQCDPI Techniques
- • Ability to communicate at all levels
- • Able to work autonomously
- • Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships across departments, and with supplier representatives at all levels.
- • Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
- • A strong team player
- • Demonstrable IT literacy in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Projects etc)
- • Willingness and ability to work flexibility across all areas of Operations
- “Regulatory and Product Awareness is required (Training will be provided where necessary)”.
Specificity of the job
Ability to travel (International and UK)
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
Senior Programme PurchaserPublished on 02/26/2020Cwmbran, United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing
Purchasing Programme Lead (PPL)Published on 11/26/2019Cwmbran, United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing
Purchasing Commodity Manager H/FPublished on 03/11/2020United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing