Purchasing Programme Lead (PPL)
Cwmbran, Wales, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
- • Create & Manage purchasing programme plans (Bid to Aftermarket)
- • Develop project plans for each new seat program defining the timescales and key activities required during the development of the associated seat furniture
- • Communicate to the strategic team the key deliverables of the programme for Quality, Cost and Delivery
- • Put in a place a daily management routine to manage programme deliverables
- • Manage supplier project plans for key/complex assemblies such as Actuation, Tables, Composites and High Level Assemblies
- • Ensure that Supply Chain strategy is flowed down, and fully understood by the programmes team to include new technology , R&T.
- • Regularly review progress against these plans with the Cwmbran Management Team and to drive corrective actions directly with the Supply chain in the event of shortfalls
- • Facilitate a close and supportive working relationship between the design and production teams and specifically chair quality, and design to cost reviews.
- • Set targets for unit costs and to monitor actual and drive corrective action in the event of shortfalls.
- • Manage change such that Supply chain are fully aware of the latest revision levels and any other changes to design requirements.
- • Maintain key supplier project plans and chair regular status and readiness meetings.
- • Create strategic and innovative solutions to business problems in order to maximise profitability
- • Provide management metrics which allows accurate and easy monitoring of progress
- • Liaise with Programme teams to ensure release of information in a timely manner to the supply base to ensure sufficient lead time.
- • Understand processes/procedures and challenge design/processes to optimize lead time and cost
- • Identify improvements, cost down opportunities and drive them through to delivery
- • Experience of MRP/project management tools and methods
- • Management of prompt tollgate process
- • Risk Management of supply chain to feed into programme risks
- • Knowledge & Qualifications
o Knowledge of one of the following; composites, high level/complex multi commodity, Electrical designs and manufacturing methods ideally in an equivalent industry.
o Post Graduate
o Knowledge of all relevant commodities
o Industry knowledge
- • Experience
o A proven ability to facilitate close working relationships between Internal stakeholders and external Supply chain teams and a willingness to work as an integrated team to promote best practice and ensure Quality, Cost and Delivery targets met for the programme
o Technically aware with strong commercial background
o Experience of APQP or similar quality process
o Experience in managing large projects/programmes in a similar environment
o Risk management experience
o Budget Control experience
- • Skills. Competencies and personal attributes
o Ability to communicate at all levels
o Able to work autonomously
o Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships across departments, and with supplier representatives at all levels.
o Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
o A strong team player
o Demonstrable IT literacy in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Projects etc)
o Engineering / Technical background
o MS Project Experience or equivalent
- • Other
Specificity of the job
You will be required to hold a full U.K. Driving License and Passport, as some UK and overseas travel may be required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
Purchasing Commodity Manager H/FPublished on 12/16/2019United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing
Commodity Manager - MetalsPublished on 01/17/2020Gainesville, United States Regular Full time Purchasing
Acheteur programme H/FPublished on 01/17/2020Toulouse, France Regular Full time Purchasing