Part 145 Quality Assurance Technician
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Cwmbran, Wales, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
SAFRAN SEATS IS A WORLD LEADER IN AIRCRAFT SEATING.
For more than 80 years, Safran Seats has been a premium manufacturer of First and Business Class seating systems for passenger airlines.
With the largest seats portfolio of all seats suppliers, we pride ourselves on innovation, customization, quality and industrial design.
Safran Seats GB, based in Cwmbran, South Wales is a 100% owned subsidiary of Safran Seats and we currently have 800+ employees (across 3 sites in the UK- Cwmbran, Newport and Brackley).
Seats GB offers:
- • Unique and High-end Quality products
- • Market leader in Bespoke aircraft seating
- • Passenger Experience Expertise
- • In-house design studio and group Synergies
- • Dedicated production line and Industrialisation facilities
- • Bespoke capabilities
- • Co-creation abilities
Do you want to join our team?
Our employees are at the heart of our success; we offer a range of competitive benefits, career progression and training opportunities helping to ensure we build the future.
At Safran Seats GB, we continue to support our employees and their contribution by providing a range of benefits.
- • 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays
- • Working Hours (unless specified) are 37.5 hours per week; Mon-Thurs (8am-4:30pm), Friday (8am-1:30pm)
- • ‘On Board Benefits' Programme, providing a number of schemes such as cycle to work, technology savings, retail discounts and access to private healthcare
- • Fulfilling your potential with Career Progressions opportunities such as company sponsorship and further training courses
- • Family friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoptive parents, shared parental leave, parental leave and flexible working
- • Equality & Diversity initiatives with internal groups for workplace engagement and involvement
- • STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
- • Free parking onsite
- • With a focus on employee health and wellbeing, we have a large, subsidised canteen/break area with indoor and outdoor seating, bicycle storage and shower/changing facilities.
Quality Technician Part 145
The Part 145 Quality Technician will be an active member of the Part 145 team and key to maintaining our Approvals.
They will analyse customer returns and final inspect/certify the finished repairs to the relevant Technical Publications.
There may be requirements for travel within both the UK and the rest of the World.
Certified Signatory for appropriate Airworthiness Certificates.
Ensure and advise adherence to Airworthiness Authority regulations.
- • They will analyse parts sent in for repair to ascertain what exactly is required to repair them and verify conformity to drawings, specifications and /or technical publications..
- • Deduct the likely cause of the issue and liability.
- • Document what is required and detail how to repair the items.
- • Support other members of the team with queries.
- • Perform in process inspections of parts and assemblies.
- • Perform Final Inspection activities and be a Certified Signatory for Airworthiness Certificates.
- • Monitor, control and process non-conforming product (i.e scrap, quarantine, etc)
- • Support and engage in company initiatives, including, Continuous Improvement, KPI collection, Process Improvements, etc.
- • Undertake any training of themselves and support training of others as deemed required by management.
- • Undertake any repairs or build process
- • Undertake other reasonable duties, which are consistent and commensurate with the skills, knowledge, experience and training.
- • Part 145 Knowledge/Experience
- • Aviation Seat Knowledge/Experience
- • Quality Assurance Knowledge/Experience
- • Operations/Seat Build Experience
- • Part 21 Knowledge/Experience
- • Technical Publications Experience
- • White Belt Lean Six Sigma
- • Engineering Apprenticeship
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.