Operations Quality Manager
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Cwmbran, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
Working in close cooperation with the Operations Management Team, define and lead the implementation of all aspects of quality assurance for in-production phases of programs.
Internally, managing the Operations Quality Team to provide appropriate resource and skills are deployed to support the Operational throughput of SGB to ensure the required deliverables are completed on time and to the required levels.
Externally, working with the Program Management Team and customers to ensure the delivered product is achieving the customer's specification and quality standard.
The successful candidate will have a wide-ranging knowledge and experience of quality assurance within complex engineering programmes
- • Be the primary contact for Operations and Program management for in-production quality aspects;
- • Lead and manage the Operations Quality Team and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- • Manage and monitor in-production quality KPIs (DPU's, SNCRs, etc) and support/manage corrective actions as appropriate through the use of Root Cause and Corrective Action methodologies;
- • Ensure that all customer specifications and requirements are taken into account (customer satisfaction);
- • Monitor in line process capability, review and action accordingly to ensure compliance to drawing/specification
- • Monitor non-conformities analysis and relevant action plans, communicating to Operations and Program management on quality events of programs (quality escape, concessions etc) and reduce them;
- • Monitor in-process non conformities (DPU, CONQ), initiate and prioritise continuous improvement activities
- • Champion QRQC (8D) practice and application within the Operations Quality Team
- • Liaison with the Supplier Quality Team to ensure all supply issues affecting the FAL are dealt with in a timely manner and with the absolute minimum of disruption to production throughput
Undertake other reasonable duties, in line with business needs and objectives, which are consistent and commensurate with the overall purpose of the position.
- • Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering / Manufacturing related discipline.
- • Lean / 6 Sigma knowledge and general improvement tools
- • Mechanical / Electrical Engineering knowledge
- • 8D analysis and report writing
- • Risk Analysis
- • Understanding of technical drawings/data and improvements between design and supplier (DFM).
- • Proven experience within a similar role / environment at a management level
- • Quality and production experience
- • Competent in MS packages
- • Problem solving skills (including 8D, 5 whys)
- • Effective communicator with an ability to establish good working relationships across all departments and with Customers at all levels.
- • This role requires the job holder to work flexibly by supporting other areas of manufacturing as and when required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
Quality Assurance EngineerPublished on 03/30/2021Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
Project Quality Assurance EngineerPublished on 02/02/2021Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
Global Supplier Quality Assurance ManagerPublished on 02/02/2021Pitstone Bucks , United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality