Operational Lead Buyer
Fixed Term contract, Full-time, 12 months
Safran is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems on board commercial, regional and business aircraft; Safran is also a key player in air safety.
Safran Seats GB designs, certifies and assembles innovative, personalized and high added value products for First, Business and Premium Economy aircraft cabins. The division focuses on high end products and supports its airline customers throughout the product's life cycle.
As a company of wellbeing and commitment, Safran Seats GB ensure your knowledge, entrepreneurial spirit and aptitude are developed to give you the greatest chance of achievement in what you do. Our four values guide our core day to day operations, and form part of the reason for our success. As we continue to advance and grow our business this is an exciting time to be on board with us.
You will be required to lead a small team of operational buyers to ensure the delivery and quality performance of suppliers and continuous improvement of same.
- - Lead a small team to ensure the on-time delivery and quality performance to meet key performance indicators (KPI's), in line with production and project requirements, through effective order book management.
- - Root cause and drive through preventative actions against missed KPI's
- - Contribute to the success of the Supplier Development Programme working closely with Supplier Development, Supplier Quality and Strategic Procurement colleagues across the business.
- - Provide management information (MI) on performance
- - To organise the timely placement of purchase orders to fulfil the MRP requirements
- - Supervision of a small team including PDP's & PDR's are in place and regularly monitored
- - Timely resolution of all discrepant material and invoice queries within the supply base.
- - Be actively involved in One Safran programmes and QRQC Process to ensure continuous improvement of people, processes and systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Operational Procurement team
Note: The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Job holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the role.
- • Knowledge of procurement / order book management processes within a manufacturing environment
- • Demonstrable experience of improving supplier performance to contribute to the success of a business
- • Excellent Communication skills
- • Computer literate
- • Resilient and determined
- • Flexible and self-disciplined
- • Excellent team player
- • Coaching and Mentoring
- • Willingness and ability to work flexibly to support business needs
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
Strategic BuyerPublished on 08/12/2019Cwmbran, United Kingdom Regular Full time Purchasing
Acheteur de prestations intellectuelles H/FPublished on 08/18/2019Magny Les Hameaux, France Fixed Term contract Purchasing
Employee Relations and HR Information Systems ManagerPublished on 08/08/2019Cwmbran, United Kingdom Fixed Term contract Human Resources