Head of Engineering Projects
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Kestrel house, lakeside, llantarnam np44 3hq cwmbran, Wales, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Safran is an international High-technology group, operating in the aviation (Propulsion, equipment and interiors), defence and space markets.
Safran Seats is the world leader in the commercial aircraft seats segment. We design, certify and assemble a complete range of products from crew seats through to business and first class modules. Today over one million Safran seats are in service in fleets all over the world, the continuous improvement of seat comfort and ergonomics is at the heart of our product design strategy.
We are looking to appoint a Head of the Engineering Projects to join our engineering team at our South Wales site in Cwmbran, in close proximity to both Cardiff and Bristol.
You will be responsible for managing and leading the engineering project teams. Ensuring the technical objectives of all projects are achieved on a, right first time and on time delivery basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- • On time delivery of engineering projects in line with the programme schedules
- • KPIs to monitor health of engineering projects on regular basis
- • Promotion of environment for continuous improvement
- • Develop the culture of team building and drive the Integrated Project Team to work to common goals
- • The achievement and demonstration of compliance with, the technical objectives of the projects.
- • Identifies technical failings and wrong doings before they happen and develop mitigation strategies and activities to avoid any adverse impact on the projects.
- • The escalation contact with the customer on technical matters.
- • Acts as a coach and mentor to Engineering Project Leads and Senior Project Leads
- • Challenges and checks the inputs from all engineering disciplines and ensures that these inputs are correct and fully supportive of the overall solution.
- • Understands the interaction between all engineering disciplines and ensures all inputs integrated into a single and compliant solution.
Ideally you will be educated to degree level in a Electrical / Mechanical / Aerospace / Structural Engineering Field, as a minimum to HNC /HND level.
Demonstrable knowledge and experience in engineering project management within aerospace or a similar field.
The incumbent will have a Continuous Improvement spirit to constructively challenge existing systems, develop robust project management processes and standards and embed these throughout the organisation.
Able to challenge the status quo and established processes and encourage, support and guide individuals and teams with a spirit of continued improvement.
Work with each of the engineering disciplines, ensuring that their inputs are validated and integrated into compliant and ‘Right First Time' solutions.
Sound organisational and planning skills with the ability to manage teams to meet deadlines.
Specificity of the job
Occasional Travel May Be Required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
Ingénieur Pilotage Performance Economique H/FPublished on 02/22/2020Magny Les Hameaux, France Regular Full time Project management
AC Manager Single Aisle (ESI/MSI) HAMPublished on 02/21/2020Hamburg, Germany Regular Full time Project management
Chef de projet réparation LEAP H/FPublished on 02/21/2020France Regular Full time Project management