Finance Manager – Reporting and Governance
Finance and management
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Cwmbran, Wales, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Responsibility for internal and external financial reporting and the existence of a robust control environment, including the annual internal controls testing campaign in accordance with Safran Internal Control and Group requirements.
Works on behalf of Safran Seats GB, but as part of a transversal internal control team to align standards.
- • Co-ordination of the internal reporting requirements for the monthly, half year and annual results, in accordance with Safran Group requirements and deadlines. To cover Profit & Loss account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow with forecasting of the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- • Preparation of the annual Statutory Accounts and acts as the technical expert for Accounting and Reporting Standards and associated Safran Group policies.
- • Co-ordination of the internal reporting requirements for Corporation Tax, in accordance with Safran Group requirements and deadlines.
- • Promote and ensure the implementation of all Safran Group and Safran Seats GB Ltd systems, internal controls and processes, in particular with respect to the law relating to financial security. This will include the design, deployment and monitoring of internal controls processes in line with Safran standards.
- • Standard management and financial internal control testing to identify non-compliance of current operating procedures and standards within multiple departments, especially Finance and Purchasing. Specifically:
- - Conduct internal control tests in accordance with the Safran Department of Audit and Control (DACI) annual campaign requirements and guidelines
- - Build, monitor and manage the actions from previous and current internal control campaigns, making recommendations on corrective actions and improvements in accordance with the scope of the DACI guidelines
- - Testing the financial and budgetary controls, reporting results, building and monitoring action plans
- • Assist Safran Internal and 3rd party external auditors as required.
- • Ensure a development plan is in place and actively managed to ensure the development of the direct report with a view to succession planning.
- • Deputise for the Financial Controller as and when required.
- • Qualified Accountant (preferably ICAEW)
- • Educated to degree level
- • Strong knowledge of IFRS and Financial Reporting
- • Understanding of financial controls and processes
- • Auditing or internal control experience of a similar organisation
- • Proficient in the use of all MS Office packages
- • Preparing presentations and financial reports for senior review
- • Building relationships with and managing internal customers and stakeholders
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Organised and Structured approach to work
- • Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- • Team player
- • Proactive
- • Ability to make decisions whilst ensuring that issues/risks have been appropriately considered and mitigated
- • Knowledge of BAAN or SAP ERP systems
- • Experience of writing and/or delivering financial training
- • Management of direct reports
Specificity of the job
- • Occasional day travel to sites in Camberley, Surrey and Brackley, Northants.
- • Possible occasional travel to Paris with overnight stay
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
Contrôleur Financier SAS / SAS Financial Controller H/FPublished on 02/24/2020Plaisir, France Regular Full time Finance and management
Contrôleur de Gestion H/FPublished on 02/24/2020Les Ulis, France Regular Full time Finance and management
Contrôleur de Gestion Industriel H/FPublished on 02/24/2020Chauray, France Regular Full time Finance and management