Customs Compliance Controller
Trade compliance and risks
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Cwmbran, England, UK
Fixed Term contract, Full-time, 3 Months
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- • Develop and provide support to supply chain for correct Tariff classification of products ensuring correct rates of duty are applied
- • Research initiatives for duty reduction opportunities particularly in areas of FTA, Duty regimes and misclassification of parts
- • Research updates and amendments to Customs regulations and communicate to the department and business as necessary (including Brexit impact assessment to the business).
- • Communicate with suppliers and agents as necessary to ensure efficient clearance processes.
- • Completion of HMRC Inward Processing quarterly returns and gathering data for other HMRC Voluntary Declarations.
- • Liaise with our agent on a daily basis including expediting missing documents.
- • Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any queries directed to Customs Compliance.
- • Support team to match Import Entries to Goods Receipts to provide an HMRC audit trail into ERP system.
- • Maintain KPI's.
- • Communication with HMRC on all Customs Issues, including supporting of any audits.
- • Strive for continuous improvement, and where appropriate propose changes within the function and throughout the business to streamline current processes. Lead the team in developing processes and identifying efficiencies
- • Performance management of staff and annual appraisals
- • Regular reporting and analysis to key senior managers in the business
- • Ad hoc duties to support the business
Capability / Knowledge / Skills:
- • Experience of Import/Export procedures & HMRC requirements
- • Experience of communicating effectively & successfully with HMRC
- • Team player with professional attitude and approach
- • Pro-active and acts on own initiative
- • Good oral and written communication skills
- • Ability to work to deadlines
- • Strong attention to detail
- • Experienced user of BaaN ERP system
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
HR AssistantPublished on 03/05/2021Cwmbran, United Kingdom Fixed Term contract Human Resources
Stage : Analyse Risques Industriels et Gestion de Crise H/FPublished on 03/06/2021Fougères, France Internship / Student Trade compliance and risks
Stage contrôle des exportations H/FPublished on 03/06/2021Plaisir, France Internship / Student Trade compliance and risks