Manufacture / assembly and repair
Employees / Staff
Employees / Staff
Kestrel house, lakeside, llantarnam np44 3hq cwmbran, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Safran is an international High-technology group, operating in the aviation (Propulsion, equipment and interiors), defence and space markets.
Safran Seats is the world leader in the commercial aircraft seats segment. We design, certify and assemble a complete range of products from crew seats through to business and first class modules. Today over one million Safran seats are in service in fleets all over the world, the continuous improvement of seat comfort and ergonomics is at the heart of our product design strategy.
To produce design schemes and detail drawings that meet company, regulatory and customer requirements.
- • Responsible for the design and detail modeling of a variety of suite components in order to meet programme requirements
- • Produce designs to meet specified cost/weight targets
- • Design Engineers will be expected to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers.
- • Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
- • The selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
- • Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
- • Check engineering packages
- • Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, DFMEA)
- • Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
- • From time to time, Design Engineers must be prepared to undertake tasks outside of their normal duties as requested by their immediate supervisors.
- - Qualified to a minimum of a HNC or an equivalent qualification in a Mechanical Engineering field
- - Proven track record in Design Engineering
- - Understanding of the effective application of tolerances and a working knowledge of manufacturing processes
- - Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- - Previous experience gained within the aircraft interiors sector
- - Organisational skills are advantageous for the role
- - You will be required to hold a full U.K. Driving License and Passport, as some UK and overseas travel may be required
- - Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish good working relationships.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Seats is a world leader in aircraft passenger and crew seats. One million seats made by the company are now in service worldwide.
Manufacturing EngineerPublished on 01/27/2020Cwmbran, United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
CNC SettersPublished on 01/24/2020Cwmbran, United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Programme ManagerPublished on 01/23/2020Cwmbran, United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair