Export Compliance Coordinator
Trade compliance and risks
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Costa mesa, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets.
Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees worldwide after the acquisition of Zodiac Aerospace, and has around €21 billion in adjusted revenue. Comprising a number of companies, Safran holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its markets. Safran undertakes extensive Research & Development programs to keep pace with its fast-evolving markets.
Safran Electronics & Defense Avionics USA has acquired the Electromechanical Business (previously Collins) in February 2019. The company grows from a $100m revenue size to almost $300m with 4 different locations (Texas, California  , Mexico) and is a leader in cockpit controls and actuation with an extended field of expertise from product development, engineering & manufacturing to customer support and MRO.
Safran, for its Electronics & Defense division, is looking for an Export Compliance Coordinator for its California facility.
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
- - The Export Compliance Coordinator will coordinate and administer activities related to International Traffic and Arms Regulation (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) compliance in conjunction with company compliance and policies.
2) Key Responsibilities:
- - Responsible for ensuring applicable authorizations and licenses in order to properly Export SEDA hardware or technical data
- - Support international shipments to ensure shipping documents are accurate, and ensure all associated export licenses are in place prior to shipment.
- - Interface with brokers to provide support for clearance of goods, to resolve or answer to problems concerning SEDA's shipments.
- - Keep management informed on risk mitigation action plan
- - Support and train local operations on proper processes and updates
- - Responsible for classifying assemblies and components according to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS)
- - Work with Engineering, Customer Service and Product Management on both HTS and ECCN product classification determinations.
- - Actively support the order/quotation screening process by assisting customers, salesforce, proposals and customer service personnel.
3) Required Competencies:
- - Experience: Minimum of 2 years of export compliance experience or a closely related discipline.
- - Harmonized Tariff Schedule Classification is a must
- - Strong working knowledge of import and export regulations including expert knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the U.S. Import Regulations (19 CFR), and the International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) as well as others that may apply.
- - Strong USML/ECCN jurisdiction & HTS classification skills.
- - Familiarity with U.S. government regulations, procedures and organizations is highly desired
- - Position requires an individual who is a self-starter, detailed oriented and well organized
- - The ability to interpret complex and/or detailed regulations, with limited guidance and/or direction required
- - Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills required
- - Requires excellent written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate, with a customer-oriented attitude
- - Ability to review and understand technical data for export classifications for product types
- - Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers, associates, departments, and other teams
- - Operating a personal computer with proficiency in related technical and specialized software.
- - SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) experience is appreciated.
- - Presenting and delivering information effectively
- - Other duties as assigned.
- - Excellent verbal and written communication
- - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
4) Physical Requirements :
- - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company's products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
Engineering ManagerPublished on 10/11/2019Costa Mesa, United States Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
RESPONSABLE CONTROLE DES EXPORTATIONS ET TRADE COMPLIANCE H/FPublished on 10/08/2019Loches, France Regular Full time Trade compliance and risks
Import Compliance OfficerPublished on 10/01/2019Denton (tx), United States Regular Full time Trade compliance and risks