Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Carson, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 5 years
Responsible for day to day tactical leadership of the Quality department to execute the defined Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with Quality functional leadership. Provides quality assurance support to customers, suppliers, partners and internal manufacturing cells. Leads continuous improvement activities in targeted areas. Ensures compliance to quality standards as it relates to the inspection environment. Oversees the inspection of incoming and assembled parts as well as the day-to-day supervision of employees within this department. Acts as primary contact point for department problem resolution. Coordinates with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create high performance culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- •Helps manage and supervise the Quality customer interface to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause and corrective action determination.
- •Ensures quality organization support to Supply Chain Management organization relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data providing expertise and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements.
- •Executes in the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing quality leadership and support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- •Participates in, and may lead the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
- •Collects and analyzes organizational quality metrics and performs reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
- •Contributes to the development and implementation of a Quality structure capable of supporting strategic business plans and initiatives while meeting target deadline.
- •Leads in the Designing and implementing of quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics.
- •Ensures functional participation in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing.
- •Leads improvement teams in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits.
- •Ensures development, implementation, and audit of complex inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions.
- •Evaluates individual performances and creates individual development plans in order to facilitate merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- •Coordinates with functional and plant leadership to prepare consolidated plant, customer, and product status information and action plans. Coordinates and assists with site initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices. Investigates and eliminates causes of quality problems and follows up on corrective actions.
- •Thorough understanding of problem solving methods – i.e. Six Sigma, 8D, root cause analysis, and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects
- •Thorough knowledge and understanding of Monogram's corporate Supplier Quality Assurance and requirements
- •Thorough knowledge and understanding of Monogram's corporate Quality Assurance processes, procedures and work instructions
- •Detailed understanding of the key phases and requirements of an effective new product development and launch methodology
- •Detailed knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (i.e. AS9100, ISO 9001, AS9102 etc.)
- •Detailed knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements
- •Thorough knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
- •Detailed knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface)
- •Thorough knowledge of gauging and basic understanding or product material properties
- •Thorough understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts and tool sets
- •Ability to read drawings\blue prints
- •Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- •Thorough understanding of AS9100, ISO 9001, AS9102 standards and the AS9100/ISO9001 certification process
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering, aerospace or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: 5+ years in manufacturing management/quality assurance, preferably in a process-oriented operation and/or related industry. 3+ years in a management capacity role in a Quality Assurance organization required.
Previous experience in a $75M+ aerospace component manufacturing or assembly company with multiple sites; secondary markets could include automotive and medical device.
Training, certification, and experience implementing Continuous Improvement, Lean manufacturing, Six-Sigma, etc. required. 5+ years in a Lean enterprise manufacturing environment.
Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes, and principles. Experience with NADCAP and AS9100C, along with FAA certification (145 & Part 121) are all preferred. Capability to develop and coach individuals to higher performance.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.