Quality Director - Safran Passenger Solutions
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
1500 glenn curtiss st. ca - 90746 carson , California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 8 years
The individual in this position provides leadership and guidance in Quality initiatives throughout Safran Passenger Solutions. This individual will work closely with business unit leaders to drive excellence and ensure effective execution of quality initiatives, ultimately ensuring delivery of high-quality products to our customers. This individual will develop strategies and implementation plans to improve all aspects of quality, implementing, managing and evaluating processes and procedures, in accordance with standards and procedures set out by Safran and SPS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- • Establishes the SPS Quality Policy, consistent with the Safran Quality Policy, and deploys it across the various SPS businesses. Promotes the Quality Culture and Awareness across all SPS sites and teams.
- • Defines the SPS annual Quality Objectives, together with the Quality Directors / Managers of the various SPS businesses. Monitors performance against the defined objectives, ensures that appropriate actions are taken when not at target, providing support as required.
- • Maintains the SPS Quality Dashboard and reports to Safran as required. Maintains Quality Scorecards for key SPS Customers, and contributes to the preparation of Executive Meetings with Customers.
- • Coordinates the network of the Quality Directors / Managers of the SPS businesses, to share best practices. Identifies common areas for improvement and coordinates the implementation of transverse action plans.
- • Ensures SPS compliance to the Safran Quality Manual and the Safran procedures (GRPs). Assesses the impact of changes to Safran GRPs, together with the SPS Business Process Owners, and ensures timely implementation of gap closing actions.
- • Establishes and maintains the set of SPS policies and procedures applicable to several SPS businesses, together with the SPS Business Process Owners, and ensures compliance.
- • Coordinates the integration of the various SPS sites procedures into OSR (One Safran Referential).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience in a Management role in a technical manufacturing organization with Quality leadership experience. BA or BS degree required.
- - Demonstrated excellence in deploying policies, monitoring performance and using Quality methodologies and tools
- - Demonstrated experience as an internal Quality auditor
- - Experience in the Aerospace industry, whether in a Quality position or in positions such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, etc. Knowledge of Aerospace Quality Standards and Airworthiness regulations.
- - Experience working in a fast-paced environment where you need to work well with many other teams, and go beyond the traditional boundaries of the role
- - Strong organizational skills, with displayed desire to refine broader workflows and processes
- - Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team, and work transversally
- - Capacity to coach and train teams from various business functions, and from various cultures
- - Flexible and able to multi-task and demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- - Demonstrated drive to identify and creatively expand areas of mutual interest between parties in a negotiation or existing partnership
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills
- - Ability to travel domestically up to 25% of the time, as well as internationally.
Other Qualifications – Safran Passenger Solution complies with all United States export law and regulations, including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations, the ITAR, and Office of Foreign Assets Controls Regulations. Candidates who wish to be considered for positions whose activities are subject to export control laws must be one of the following: (a) a citizen of the United States; (b) a lawful permanent resident of the United States; or (c) a person admitted into the United States as an asylee or refugee.
Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- • Coordinates the third party / registration audits performed across SPS for highest value and optimized costs, and manages associated transverse actions, both internally and with authorities. Together with the Quality Directors / Managers of the SPS businesses, moves towards Registrations / Certifications covering several SPS sites, where relevant.
- • Contributes to the annual internal audits program of the SPS businesses, by coordinating shared audits where relevant, based on geographical proximity, business nature and auditors' skills.
- • Coordinates the deployment of “One Safran Quality” across the various SPS businesses, contributes as required to the associated OPerational EXcellence (OPEX) projects, ensures achievement of the targeted efficiency improvements, and promotes shared practices, as appropriate.
- • Implements common Quality Tools across the various SPS businesses, consistent with Safran Quality Tools Roadmap (EtQ for example).
- • Contributes developing the skills of the SPS Quality Teams, and implement common training plans where appropriate, in collaboration with Safran Corporate University.
- • Participates in the Safran Quality initiatives relevant for SPS, as well as on the Safran Quality Committee, by delegation of the SPS Operations & Competitiveness VP.
- • Proactively reports to senior leadership on successes, potential issues and action plans.
- • Maintains positive and proactive relationships and communication with BU leadership teams.
Specificity of the job
0-25% domestically and internationally
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.