Manufacturing final inspector
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Lancaster-new york, New York, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
More than 3 years
Responsible for final inspection of customer orders and as applicable issuance of airworthiness approvals (Form 8130-3) for domestic and export shipments of products and parts in accordance with FAA regulations and directives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Perform DMIR functions in accordance with the Responsibilities, Privileges, and Limitations contained in the relevant FAA regulations and orders.
2. Dedicate the required resources for the effective performance of the delegated DMIR functions.
3. Remain knowledgeable of the applicable FAA airworthiness standards, policies and procedures.
4. Attend/complete FAA sponsored training as required.
5. Cooperate with the FAA in exercising DMIR authority.
6. Performs airworthiness verification duties as required according to appropriately prescribed procedures, methods and detailed instructions requiring minimal supervision or guidance.
7. Duties include, but are not limited to the performance or witnessing of inspections and/or testing of materials, detailed parts, components, subassembly and/or end item products, using both standard and special gages, instruments or equipment as required. Will on occasion be required to perform airworthiness verification (Conformity Inspection)
directly from blueprints, schematic drawings or other specification documents.
8. Document and maintain DMIR records and reports related to the verifications performed.
9. Provide job-related training, guidance and orientation to other personnel when requested, and may be required to maintain appropriate liaison and records with government, customer or production personnel.
Required: H.S. Diploma or GED
Preferred: 2 year Associate Degree
Required: Minimum 3 years of experience as a company inspector, Designated Manufacturing Inspector or 5 years as a Certified Operator with technical knowledge and familiarity with AVOX Systems products, procedures, manufacturing practices and inspection techniques.
Preferred: Has worked as a DMIR involving oxygen or safety products.
Special Knowledge/Skills –
- • Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- • Ability to use hand tools and measuring devices
- • Prior inspection experience (within AVOX or another similar industry)
- •US person
- •No relocation with this position.
- •Ability to maintain the highest degree of objectivity while performing DMIR authorized functions or associated functions on behalf of the FAA.
- • Knowledgeable of technical and administrative functions associated with DMIR responsibilities.
- • Possess integrity, sound judgment, cooperative attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- • Proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
- • Excellent PC skills.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.