Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer
Health & Safety, Environment
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Lancaster-new york, New York, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
- - Responsible for analyzing, developing, improving and implementing new and existing safety, health, and environmental programs and policies. The primary objective is to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies governing the safety and welfare of allAVOX employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion
of management, either formally or informally, by either written or verbal communication.
- • Implement and or improve existing safety and health programs.
- • Develop or improve engineering controls.
- • Serve as Emergency Coordinator for all facilities.
- • Serve as Environmental Management Systems representative.
- • Train employees on the procedures and policies that impact their safety.
- • Maintain records, as required in house, as well as by outside regulatory agencies.
- • Solicit quotes from outside contractors to perform the required training approved by the N.Y. S. Department of Labor Hazard Abatement Board.
- • Solicit quotes from outside contractors for Hazardous & Medical Waste disposal meeting compliance requirements for the D.E.C. & R.C.R.A.
- • Solicit quotes and coordinate thru outside contractors, the testing, monitoring, analysis, or lab work that is required to establish our compliance with regulatory agencies such as those listed, but not limited too: D.E.C. - E.P.A. - D.O.T. - F.A.A. - B.S.A. - E.C.W.A.
- • Prepare, coordinate, and submit all permits required to continue compliance.
- • Coordinate employee recordkeeping as well as employee training documentation with the Human Resources Department.
- • Participate in plant wide Safety Committee meetings.
- • Perform incident investigations, as required.
- • Provide leadership and direction when it comes to dealing with potential occupational safety, health, or environmental issues.
- • Report EHS activities to the Healthy, Safety, Environmental Management Representative.
Required: B.S. in Environmental Studies, Occupational Safety & Health or related
- •US person
- •No relocation with this position.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
Ingénieur SSE H/FPublished on 02/25/2021Chauray, France Regular Full time Health & Safety, Environment
HSE ANALYST H/MPublished on 02/20/2021Querétaro, Mexico Regular Full time Health & Safety, Environment
Correspondant SSE H/FPublished on 02/09/2021Soliman, Tunisia Regular Full time Health & Safety, Environment