Oxygen Products Technician
Manufacture / assembly and repair
Braintree, England, UK
Regular Full time, Full-time
Carrying out routine manual inspections of aircraft oxygen equipment, including pilots masks, stowage boxes, regulators and cylinders. Following and adhering to written procedures and working in accordance with CMM's regarding the servicing and repair of equipment. Working to the required health, safety and environmental standards. Playing a central role within the business ensuring customers jobs are completing on time and to a high standard in line with customer expectations and industry standards
- • Carry out surveys and assessments of equipment for repair; providing details of any work required to enable the Front Office to provide quotes to customers
- • Review any consumables required for the job and allocate spare parts as needed based on the works order
- • Review service bulletins or amendments associated with or required for the particular job
- • Complete all necessary repairs and assembly
- • Ensure the accurate and timely completion of repair reports and job packs
- • Work with and support other technicians within the wider workshop environment
- • Ensure that the quality of own work and repairs is maintained to a high standard
- • Work in line with industry standards and regulations; referring to the CMM at all times
- • Previous experience in a hands on/manual engineering role
- • Previous experience working with hand tools
- • Previous experience in carrying out surveys and inspecting for damage
- • Previous mechanical experience
- • Ability to understand and follow technical documentation such as CMM's
- • Good literacy and numeracy skills
- • Ability to analyse and identify faults
- • Good verbal communication skills
- • Excellent attention to detail
- • Well organised with the ability to manage time and work to tight deadlines.
- • Diplomatic when faced with issues.
- • Self-motivated
- • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- • Able to work and liaise with people at all levels of the business
- • Previous small scale assembly experience.
- • Previous safety equipment experience in an aerospace environment
- • Experience of working in line with industry specific regulations including
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in aircraft electrical distribution, inflatable safety and water and waste management systems. It is also a major supplier of oxygen systems, telemetry and communication solutions, in-flight entertainment systems or fuel systems.
Workshop SupervisorPublished on 12/10/2019Braintree, United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Composite Repair TechnicianPublished on 10/03/2019Braintree, United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Engineering Project LeadPublished on 02/26/2020Cwmbran, United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair