Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
11724 ne 195th street wa 98011 , Washington, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
- • Examines engineering drawings for inaccuracies in material/component specification, prior to or after formal engineering release, utilizing knowledge of basic engineering and manufacturing principles / techniques
- • Reviews and evaluates engineering drawings, calculates quantities and types of material, parts, or other items required, determines “make versus buy” sub-assemblies and builds the Bill of Material in the MRP system
- • Works with engineering and production to determine the materials required to fabricate cabinets.
- • Sets up all purchase requisitions for Procurement, based on schedule need dates, lead times and quantity requirements
- • Schedules and tracks the material deliveries based upon aircraft modification schedules and production requirements
- • Computes amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes.
- • Support Engineering, Procurement, Ops, PM, Sales and other personnel to exchange information regarding material specifications, material lead times, substitutions, and costs, as required.
- • Works with Procurement to improve lead time from vendors and engineering for quality improvements.
- • Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with department management to identify outstanding needs.
- • Coordinates with Procurement and Stores to maintain adequate levels of parts and raw materials to manufacture the products.
- • Coordinates with Procurement when items are delayed to determine what materials are to be expedited.
- • Arranges internal transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
- • Reviews costs associated with materials to determine best value.
- • Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience a plus.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
- • Demonstrated advanced expertise with Database software; Internet software, MRP software, Inventory and order processing systems; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- • Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and materials specifications.
- • Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials, standards, parts, and commodities, preferably related to VIP aircraft interiors.
- • In depth knowledge of MRP systems and logic, and familiarity with manufacturing flows and production planning.
- • Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
- • Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- • Strong analytical skills, including interpretation of leading indicators and trends
- • Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- • Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- • Demonstrated experience with MRP, Inventory and order processing systems; preferably in MS Dynamics AX
- • Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- • Ability to drive continuous improvement processes and standards.
- • Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- • Ability to travel as required.
- • Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Senior Materials PlannerPublished on 07/16/2021Bothell, United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Agent d'expédition M/FPublished on 07/25/2021Plaisir, France Regular Full time Supply chain
Planificateur Ordonnanceur de Production H/FPublished on 07/24/2021Saint Crépin Ibouvilliers, France Regular Full time Supply chain