Human Resources Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Bellingham, Washington, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 8 years
Safran Cabin Bellingham is hiring for a Human Resources Manager in our Bellingham, WA location. Located amid the green islands of the Washington coast and the majestic peak of Mt. Baker, Bellingham is a cozy community shared by about 82,000 people. Less than 20 miles south of Canada, Bellingham boasts one of grandest natural harbors in the northwest, able to dock the largest ocean vessels. Because of its central location and proximity to the coast, Bellingham is a transportation center connecting Seattle and Vancouver with the San Juan Islands and Alaska. As a commerce hub for the region, this harbor town boasts a healthy economy, the gorgeous natural beauty the Pacific Northwest is known for, and some of the friendliest locals around. Bellingham combines local industry, the savvy of a college town, and a robust lifestyle dating back to 1852. The city is filled with magnificent scenery, a culture of outdoor recreation, Western Washington University, the Alaska Ferry, the Canadian border, Mt. Baker, the Salish Sea, local food, spirits, art and music. These are all part of the genuine Bellingham experience.
The Human Resources Manager is directly responsible for providing strategic leadership, direction and advice in the development and implementation of human resource strategies, policies and procedures across the organization. Responsibilities may include (all or some of the following): recruitment, salary administration, benefits, employee relations, performance management, and overall oversight for the HR Team at the assigned site. The Human Resources Manager will establish and maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external customers. The HR Manager must maintain employee confidence and protect Safran Cabin operations by keeping personnel data confidential and ensuring all HR team members, as well as site leadership, comply with this confidentiality.
Manage the design and implementation of Human Resources initiatives, programs and policies to meet strategic business needs.
- • Lead the delivery of Human Resources services through fostering a customer-centric culture.
- • Process all Employee Relations concerns including conducting investigations and ensuring compliance with State/Federal Regulations and Company Policies
- • Coach and advise management on succession planning
- • Help ensure that the Company adheres to State/Federal regulations
- • Coach management on Employee Relations issues and compliance with laws to ensure consistency
- • Understand, implement, and enforce Company Policies
- • Create, maintain, and perform Disciplinary Actions
- • Perform terminations
- • Advise Management on proper disciplinary and termination protocol
- • Address Health and Safety issues in the workplace
- • Ensure record keeping is in compliance with State/Federal regulations and complete internal audits
- • Participate in Customer, FAA, and AS9100 audits
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field
Experience: 8 years' of overall Human Resources Generalist experience and 5 years' Human Resources Management
- • Knowledge of both State and Federal Labor Laws
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Knowledge of HR concepts, best practices, and procedures
- • Excellent interpersonal and management skills with the ability to direct, motivate, and give constructive feedback
- • Must be highly organized with ability to track multiple projects
- • Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office including, Word and Excel
- • Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- • HR certification
- • 10 years' overall experience in HR
- • Collective bargaining experience
- • Degree with focus in Human Resources
- • HRIS - ADP knowledge
ID: DFTF - 81247
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated Cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin. The company is headquartered in Huntington Beach in Southern California, USA and operates 30 sites in 11 countries. The over 13.000 employees across the globe serve virtually all the airlines, aircraft leasing companies and airframe manufacturers worldwide.
Vice President/General ManagerPublished on 04/01/2020Bellingham, United States Regular Full time General managers
Gestionnaire Ressources Humaines H/FPublished on 03/12/2020France Regular Full time Human Resources
HR Business PartnerPublished on 02/19/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Human Resources