Professional, Engineer & Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Bankstown airport nsw, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
More than 3 years
SAFRAN Helicopter Engines Australia is seeking a candidate who has a decisive and self-starting attitude with energy and motivation to be responsible for inventory management and managing the performance of procurement team in the context of planning, organisation, leading co-ordination and control of the activities related to procurement.
This role will see the successful candidate leading and managing the procurement team to achieve success across a number of inventory and planning activities, some of these tasks will be:
- • Creating balance between customer demands and product inventory
- • Managing stock availability for the organisation
- • Maintaining the lowest possible material and product levels in store
- • Establishing effective and correct data for clear purchasing activities
- • Consumption interrogation, obsolescence and alternative focus
- • Critical Parts identification and management
- • Buy Back/Obsolete records and inventory information and review
- • Supersession/duplications, obsolete, removal, disposal management
- • Identifying trends, seasonal requirements
- • Managing unrepaired/unserviceable parts stock
- • Monitoring performance TAT on selected Vendors
Additionally this role will also be responsible for;
- • Reporting, analysis and expediting (as required) procurement functions
- • Cultivating processes to improve procurement functions
- • Maintaining accurate and timely reporting documentation
Minimum qualification and experience
- • Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Mechanical Engineering and/or a relevant previous experience
- • Aviation industry experience and/or technical operational understanding of gas turbine engines particularly within a supply chain/logistics role
- • Highly proficient in excel
- • High level of experience working with SAP ERP System is required
- • Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of developing and maintaining good working relationships within a local and global context
- • Strong negotiation skills evidenced by effective supplier structure and management
- • Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, able to articulate views convincingly with positive influence
- • A demonstrated commitment to being part of a team-oriented organisation seeking continuous improvement, in an open manner and constantly challenging environment
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number PM0421
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
StorepersonPublished on 06/21/2021Bankstown Airport Nsw, Australia Permanent Supply chain
Field Service ManagerPublished on 05/04/2021Bankstown Airport Nsw, Australia Permanent Customer services and support
Aircraft MechanicPublished on 04/29/2021Bankstown Airport Nsw, Australia Permanent Manufacture / assembly and repair