Manufacture / assembly and repair
Bankstown airport nsw, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
More than 3 years
About the role
Due to growth of our organisation we are currently seeking a trade qualified Aircraft Mechanic with a flexible, mature, team minded attitude to work as part of our team carrying out level 3 repair and overhaul activities on helicopter engines and Auxiliary Power Units (APU) within a workshop environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary role of the Aircraft Mechanic is to carry out assigned mechanical tasks related to the maintenance, repair and overhaul of helicopter engines and APU's in accordance with relevant airworthiness regulations, manuals, approved documentation and procedures.
Some key responsibilities of this role will be:
- • To work as a fully integrated, hands-on member of the workshop team, working to priorities communicated by the relevant Manager through the relevant Lead Mechanic
- • Ensure that the following primary operating objectives are met:
o Maintain the highest quality of product expected from an OEM, to ensure a minimal cost of non-quality
- • Have a thorough understanding of technical manuals, be able to interpret instructions in written, diagram and technical drawings forms
Experience and technical skills
- • Certificate IV Aeroskills (Mechanical) or equivalent recognised apprenticeship program
- • Minimum three years recent, trade qualified, experience working in the aviation industry
- • Experience of repair & overhaul on gas turbine engines
- • Assembly / Disassembly experience will be highly regarded
- • Experience & qualifications on MTR390, RTM322 or APU323 will be highly regarded
- • Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- • Good interpersonal skills
- • A proactive team player
- • Self-motivated
- • A proactive approach to WHSE requirements
- • Be prepared to work overtime when required
This role falls under the enterprise agreement “Safran Helicopter Engines Australia Pty Ltd Enterprise Agreement (Workshop) 2019” the starting base wage is $71,323.00pa.
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number AM0221.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
Training ManagerPublished on 07/02/2021Bankstown Airport Nsw, Australia Permanent Customer services and support
Customer Support RepresentativePublished on 07/02/2021Bankstown Airport Nsw, Australia Permanent Customer services and support
StorepersonPublished on 06/21/2021Bankstown Airport Nsw, Australia Permanent Supply chain