Manufacture / assembly and repair
Bankstown airport nsw, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
More than 3 years
Due to growth of our organisation we are currently seeking a trade qualified Aircraft Mechanic with a flexible, mature, team minded attitude to work as part of our team carrying out level 3 repair and overhaul activities on helicopter engines and Auxiliary Power Units (APU) within a workshop environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary role of the Aircraft Mechanic is to carry out assigned mechanical tasks related to the maintenance, repair and overhaul of helicopter engines and APU's in accordance with relevant airworthiness regulations, manuals, approved documentation and procedures.
Some key responsibilities of this role will be:
- • To work as a fully integrated, hands-on member of the workshop team, working to priorities communicated by the relevant Manager through the relevant Lead Mechanic
- • Ensure that the following primary operating objectives are met:
*Maintain the highest quality of product expected from an OEM, to
ensure a minimal cost of non-quality
- • Have a thorough understanding of technical manuals, be able to interpret instructions in written, diagram and technical drawings forms.
Experience and technical skills
- • Certificate IV Aeroskills (Mechanical) or equivalent recognised apprenticeship program
- • Minimum three years recent experience working in the aviation industry as trade qualified
- • Experience of repair & overhaul on gas turbine engines
- • Assembly / Disassembly experience will be highly regarded
- • Experience & qualifications on MTR390, RTM322 or APU323 will be highly regarded
- • Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- • Good interpersonal skills
- • A proactive team player
- • Self-motivated
- • A proactive approach to WHSE requirements
- • Be prepared to work overtime when required
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number AM0120
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran pursues a continuous strategy of differentiation through innovation and undertakes extensive ongoing research and development programs.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 72,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
Customer Support RepresentativePublished on 01/02/2020Bankstown Airport Nsw, Australia Permanent Customer services and support
Technicien(ne) intégration systèmePublished on 02/29/2020Dijon, France Fixed Term contract Manufacture / assembly and repair
Press Stretcher Operator - Weekend AM - SCM MVPublished on 02/28/2020Marysville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair