Repair Technician - Slides
Manufacture / assembly and repair
College park, Georgia, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
The Repair Technician provides service and repair of mechanical, electronic and other equipment requiring technical knowledge and expertise, effective diagnostic and repair techniques and procedures related to a wide variety of equipment.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- • GENERAL: Performs skilled technician work that involves diagnosis, replacement, repair and rebuilding a variety of equipment, components and/or systems.
- • GENERAL: Uses diagnostic equipment and a variety of tools specific to the trade. Applies principles and practices of electrical and electronics theory.
- • GENERAL: Interprets and follows technical manuals, blueprints, mechanical drawings, and schematics. Applies knowledge of the design and function of equipment.
- • GENERAL: Follows industry/government specific guidelines, particularly as they relate to safety, health and environmental practices.
- • GENERAL: Assists with research and development of new repair capabilities. This will include reading and understanding new manuals and may include on and off site training.
- • GENERAL: Assists with the maintenance of shop equipment and supplies.
- • GENERAL: Makes computer entries and completes various types of paperwork maintenance documents such as Service Reports and 8130-3's in accordance with FAA Regulations and company policies.
a) Knowledge and Skills
- • Technical aptitude
- • Ability to build a product that meets specifications and exceeds customer expectation.
- • Adequate Attention to detail, ability to work accurately and quickly, good eyesight and color vision, manual dexterity, and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks quickly
- • Knowledge of computers
- • Technical Capacity
- • Problem Solving/Analysis
- • Customer/Client Focus
- • Decision Making
- • Communication Proficiency
c) Education and/or Experience
- • The employee typically has a high school diploma or a general education degree (GED). He / She must have the ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and manuals. Math skills must include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Finally, the employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in either written, oral, or diagram form.
- • Strong work ethic and ability to self-motivate
Must have the ability to generate written communication and strong oral communication, plus presentation skills. Ability to read and review written communication.
e) Physical Demands
- • The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires long periods of standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 84,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
Quality InspectorPublished on 09/17/2020Atlanta, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Safran Landing Systems Suzhou - Special Process Quality Engineer in SuzhouPublished on 09/21/2020Suzhou/ 苏州, China Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Machinist/WelderPublished on 09/16/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair