Aviation Repair Technician
Manufacture / assembly and repair
College park, Georgia, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
Looking for beginner/intermediate level mechanics to work on aviation equipment repair - does NOT require an A&P license....this is the perfect opportunity to get your foot in the door of the aviation field!
The Aviation Repair Technician position requires an individual to be detail-oriented and flexible. The individual will not only be responsible for packing emergency evacuation equipment units but be available to assist in any other areas in the plant as needed, including cementing, shipping, testing, etc.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- • Proficiency with use of tape measure and be able to lift at least 75-100 lbs.
- • Reads drawings and understands written instructions including manuals, standard practice and work instructions.
- • Rigs a unit (attaches various parts to unit, such as aspirator (intake valves), cylinder, lines/cords, anchor, locator lights and battery, etc.
- • Ties various knots in specific manner.
- • Soap stones (dusts) specific areas of unit so that no sticking occurs.
- • Deflates unit to prepare it for folding.
- • Follows standard procedure for folding the unit – utilizing a diagram and written instructions.
- • During folding process must be able to push, pull, tug (using hands and feet), bend, kneel, stoop, etc. to get unit in its case.
- • Laces up cases during folding process.
Must have the ability to generate written communication and strong oral communication, plus presentation skills. Ability to read and review written communication.
- • The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires long periods of standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- • Technical aptitude
- • Ability to build a product that meets specifications and exceeds customer expectation.
- • Adequate Attention to detail, ability to work accurately and quickly, good eyesight and color vision, manual dexterity, and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks quickly
- • Knowledge of computers
Specificity of the job
- • Technical Capacity
- • Problem Solving/Analysis
- • Customer/Client Focus
- • Decision Making
- • Communication Proficiency
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
OPÉRATEUR DE FABRICATION / PEINTRE H/FPublished on 07/28/2021Saint Crépin Ibouvilliers, France Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Contrôleur US à scan en immersion H/FPublished on 07/28/2021Saint Crépin Ibouvilliers, France Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Print Shop Lead - 1st Shift - SCM MVPublished on 07/28/2021Marysville, United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair