Sr. Quality Control Inspector
Customer services and support
Program / Customer Relations
Program / Customer Relations
2550 market street pa 19014-3426 aston, Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
High School diploma, A Level
More than 5 years
Requires no supervision. Perform all phases of quality assurance and control, coordinate inspections, work with customer QAR's, and prepare quality document packages. May be required to perform duties at a vendor's facility. Trains in inspection techniques, creates inspection plans, can operate and program CMM. Serves as a backup to QC Supervisor when needed.
- • Perform Receiving, In-process, and Final inspection including Shipping
- • Create Inspection Plans
- • Train Inspectors on proper gauging techniques
- • Operate and Program CMMs, including FARO
- • Witness functional tests both in-house and at vendor's facility, as required
- • Perform Internal Audits
- • Drive Root Cause & Corrective Actions
- • Coordinate with vendors/suppliers to define and control rejected non-conforming material
- • Work with other functional departments on projects and programs, as required
- • Assist customers with final inspection and quality checks, as required
- • Calibrate working inspection gauges and instruments using established procedures 90%
- • Maintain related formalized records of inspections and remedial action, as applicable 10%
III. Complexity of Duties
Performs duties which require application of experience and judgment within limitations of standard methods and procedures under minimal supervision.
IV. Responsibility for Relationships With Others
Maintains respectful communication within the department or other departments. As necessary, interacts with Government and customer QAR's.
High school education or equivalent with strong mathematical aptitude. Must be able to interpret Engineering drawings and specifications. GD&T knowledge and experience highly recommended. Must have thorough knowledge of quality and general procedures. Able to use and maintain all types of Inspection instruments, gauges, and equipment.
II. Experience Required
5 years experience in all phases of inspection including process control, dimensional, final, receiving and shipping. Must have experience operating and programming CMMs, including FARO.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in aircraft electrical distribution, inflatable safety and water and waste management systems. It is also a major supplier of oxygen systems, telemetry and communication solutions, in-flight entertainment systems or fuel systems.
Safran Seats - Services Program ManagerPublished on 07/30/2020Beijing/ 北京, China Regular Full time Customer services and support
Safran Electrical & Power-Customer Support and Sales Manager in BJ/SHPublished on 07/30/2020Beijing/ 北京, China Regular Full time Customer services and support
Safran Test Cells - Field Service Representative in ChinaPublished on 07/30/2020Beijing/ 北京, China Regular Full time Customer services and support