Support component selection for new and existing designs. Focus on component applications working closely with suppliers, design engineering, purchasing and production functions to insure seamless design modifications and upgrades. Expeditious resolution of daily challenges. The position requires daily support of any design related issues that are experienced during the production of our product. Considerable time is expected to be spent on the production floor and with production employees and Quality personnel.
1. Proactively investigates the opportunities for product improvements related to purchased commodities and in-house manufactured parts/assemblies.
2. Reacts quickly to daily challenges presented by suppliers and in-house manufacturing initiatives.
3. Generates test plans, reports and analysis in support of component selection.
4. Generates change notices and related Engineering documentation.
5. Supports scheduled visits to our suppliers.
6. Act as technical resource on various project teams.
7. Prepares engineering estimates as necessary.
8. Provides Material Review Board (MRB) disposition for purchased commodities and manufactured parts/assemblies during all stages of the manufacturing process.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university, Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred. The chosen candidate shall possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be adept at technical writing. The candidate shall be confident regarding decision making based on regulations/requirements stemming from design data, the FAA and customer specifications. Experience with metallic components and a basic understanding of electronics is preferred.
Having MRB authority within our company is preferred.
Specificity of the job
Limited travel may occasionally be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.