This is an exceptional chance to join a dynamic and motivated team; Test Engineering based in the UK, runs a variety of product test projects in support of Landing Gear research, development and qualification. As a member of the Test Services Team based in the UK your primary function is to define, implement and support electro-mechanical test systems.
Reporting to and Engineering Group Leader you will be required to use your initiative and consistently demonstrate your technical competence of electro-mechanical systems and data acquisition techniques to support the dynamic Test Engineering environment. This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for the development and implementation of electrical circuits/systems, interfaces, controls and all related controls in addition to maintaining very high standards in health safety and the environment. A willingness to drive for continuous improvement whilst developing your own experience, knowledge and understanding will be key to thriving in the team's culture.
Dependent on the project requirements you will need to build relationships and liaise with internal customers. There may also be an occasional need for meetings with the external customer; this may result in some foreign travel.
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering including automation, circuit design and installation
• Design, implementation and programming of HMI and PLCs
• Motor control, electrical actuation and power generation/supply?
• Knowledge of electrical calibration of transducers
• Quality and Lean tools (FMECA, diagnostics, Lean Sigma toolbox, etc.)
• Ability to understand technical specifications and compile technical reports
• Proficiency in Microsoft IT packages (for example Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerBI and SharePoint)
• Demonstrably clear written and oral communication skills allowing you to liaise with customers and suppliers
• Task management skills to meet exact requirements and deliver customer satisfaction.
• Able to supervise specific tasks or activities
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
• Hydraulic circuit functionality and servo hydraulic systems (closed and open loop systems)
• Control systems, data acquisition and instrumentation implementation
• Test techniques for example strength, fatigue, endurance and environmental
• Industrial electrical &/or IT installations
• Coaching and developing others
Skills & Qualities
• Results focused
• Problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Working to standards, processes & procedures
Educational Qualifications and Experience
• At least 4 years of experience in an Engineering team
• BEng degree or Apprenticeship to HNC/HND level or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline
Some work involves electrical cabling routing and wiring, as part of the selection process a medical assessment will be required for colour blindness.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.